Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card denied - DPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

Interesting...I wonder what GS' algorithm is like for approving people...

I was also denied, but only because they couldn't verify my identity from my driver's license for some reason. I have 3 lates from a little over 2 years ago, but the lack of identity verification was the only reason that they denied me, apparently.

Oh well, NBD; wasn't planning on accepting it. Only applied for it for the adrenaline rush Smiley LOL

Message 191 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

They denied me today. Pulled a report for oct 3rd. Called they wouldn’t do anything. I have a great tu. Ridiculous
Message 192 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow I'm really sorry to hear that. :-(
Message 193 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I’m my case I got denied having my fico as of today
Exp 745
Eqfx 742
Trans 750
Under 10% credit utilization
100% payment history
Over $110,000 in available credit
Filed join with wife BK chapt 7 over 8y
So some can tell me why I got denied and my wife was approved she carry her own mejor credit cards and my credit is a bit better then hers
Smh
Message 194 of 251
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I’m my case I got denied having my fico as of today
Exp 745
Eqfx 742
Trans 750
Under 10% credit utilization
100% payment history
Over $110,000 in available credit
Filed join with wife BK chapt 7 over 8y
So some can tell me why I got denied and my wife was approved she carry her own mejor credit cards and my credit is a bit better then hers
Smh

There should have been some communication sent to you regarding the reason(s) for the decline.   Unfortunately, we can only speculate on some of the reasons, but ultimately there isn't sufficient information to go by based on what you have provided.   That said, even two BK profiles regardless of apparent similarities, are not alike.  So, evidently it appears your wife's profile had sufficient attributes that yielded the approval. 

Message 195 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

this is their explanation My debt is too high relative to my income For example loans and credit cards, actually have 2 active loans
Total $12,000
Credit cards 7,000
Mortgage 2,100
Income 96000
My wife is almost the same, personally dont see the reason why I got denied so now you have a better picture
Message 196 of 251
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
this is their explanation My debt is too high relative to my income For example loans and credit cards, actually have 2 active loans
Total $12,000
Credit cards 7,000
Mortgage 2,100
Income 96000
My wife is almost the same, personally dont see the reason why I got denied so now you have a better picture

Thanks for sharing the reason(s).  Since it would be nearly impossible to decipher what their algorithms picked up that's different from your wife's profile, it's anyone's guess what other factors influenced their decision for your denial.

Message 197 of 251
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you
Message 198 of 251
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

I keep getting declined for the following reasons.

You have recently been past due (30 day late last July) only 1 late payment in 2 1/2 years due to a banking issue.

Goldman Sachs Bank USA received your credit score from TransUnion Consumer Solutions.

Your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your consumer report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in your consumer report changes.

Your credit score as of December 10, 2019: 651 (Fico 9 vía TU)

Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:

Serious delinquency and public record or collection filed (BK7 discharge on 4/2017)
Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high (Student loan of 70K)
Too many accounts with balances (all below 30% UTI)
Length of time revolving accounts have been established
Number of inquiries

My FICO 8 scores are as following:
EX 672
TU 680
EQ 681

11% UTI
With the following INQ’s:
EX 9
TU 7
EX 5

15 new accounts in the last 2 years with 7 in the last year.

Message 199 of 251
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

It's possible they don't like the recent number of accounts AND the BK on your file. 

Message 200 of 251
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.