cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

So, here's some DP for those who might be interested. I got an invite to apply this morning, went to apply as soon as I got the invitation. Goldman Sachs pulled TransUnion with a score of 680. The one and only reason it was denied was because: You have recently been past due

 

Vantage 3.0 is 651 as of 8/8/2019

FICO8 is 645 as of 8/2/2019

FICO9 is 676 as of 7/18/2019

 

Reported income: 76.8k

Util: 18% of $11,400

 

My three current credit cards are 11 months old. Federal student loans, currently paying. I had charged off student loans, but that has since been removed from my report. 

 

I've never went past due on any of my accounts. The only baddies I have on my account is BK7 discharged 2017, already past 2 years. On my FICO app, I do show I have 6 late payments and last time was 2 years 1 month - but that's my IIB accounts. When I pulled my annual credit reports in the past, they do not show I have late payments, just accounts with IIB.

 

Is there a recon line? Or do we know if "recently been past due" is actually a cover for BK7? Let me know if you're curious to learn more about my DP.

 

[Edited to add] I confirmed with TransUnion just now that it was a soft pull, not a hard pull. All my 6 accounts, they see them marked as IIB, and nothing else is showing anything past due. 






$2500 SL Barclay Apple Rewards Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $1400 Merrick DoubleYourLine
Goals: Remove charged off Navient from EX & EQ; improve EX score; get travel reward cards; maintain util less than 10%, down from from 20%
Message 1 of 122
121 REPLIES 121
Established Contributor

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"


@audio-disabled wrote: 

  Goldman Sachs pulled TransUnion with a score of 680. The one and only reason it was denied was because: You have recently been past due

 

Vantage 3.0 is 651 as of 8/8/2019

FICO8 is 645 as of 8/2/2019

FICO9 is 676 as of 7/18/2019

 

 


I am confused by the above.  If "Goldman Sachs pulled TransUnion with a score of 680. "  what is the FICO8 score you listed below it?

050719:     
081719:     

A regretful expert. I have repaired before, I will repair again. My current goal is 670 FICO08 across the board by November 2019.
Message 2 of 122
Moderator

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

I highly doubt there's a method for reconsideration at the moment. Other folks who've been denied explored similar avenues with no outcome.
Message 3 of 122
Regular Contributor

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"


@BallBounces wrote:

@audio-disabled wrote: 

  Goldman Sachs pulled TransUnion with a score of 680. The one and only reason it was denied was because: You have recently been past due

 

Vantage 3.0 is 651 as of 8/8/2019

FICO8 is 645 as of 8/2/2019

FICO9 is 676 as of 7/18/2019

 

 


I am confused by the above.  If "Goldman Sachs pulled TransUnion with a score of 680. "  what is the FICO8 score you listed below it?


I know right, in the email I got it tells me I have 680, the closest score to 680 I have is 676 FICO9 as of 7/18. All the scores listed above is TransUnion.






$2500 SL Barclay Apple Rewards Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $1400 Merrick DoubleYourLine
Goals: Remove charged off Navient from EX & EQ; improve EX score; get travel reward cards; maintain util less than 10%, down from from 20%
Message 4 of 122
Established Contributor

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"


@audio-disabled wrote:

@BallBounces wrote:

@audio-disabled wrote: 

  Goldman Sachs pulled TransUnion with a score of 680. The one and only reason it was denied was because: You have recently been past due

 

Vantage 3.0 is 651 as of 8/8/2019

FICO8 is 645 as of 8/2/2019

FICO9 is 676 as of 7/18/2019

 

 


I am confused by the above.  If "Goldman Sachs pulled TransUnion with a score of 680. "  what is the FICO8 score you listed below it?


I know right, in the email I got it tells me I have 680, the closest score to 680 I have is 676 FICO9 as of 7/18. All the scores listed above is TransUnion.


If they used F9, the last time you pulled it was 7/18 so it isn't unrealistic to pick up 4 points almost a month later.

 FICO 8
Message 5 of 122
Regular Contributor

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"


@Overmedicated wrote:

If they used F9, the last time you pulled it was 7/18 so it isn't unrealistic to pick up 4 points almost a month later.

 I'm thinking exactly that, but I don't want to hold my breath, ha.






$2500 SL Barclay Apple Rewards Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $1400 Merrick DoubleYourLine
Goals: Remove charged off Navient from EX & EQ; improve EX score; get travel reward cards; maintain util less than 10%, down from from 20%
Message 6 of 122
Established Contributor

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

I have just read elsewhere that the supposition is that it is indeed FICO9 that they are using.

050719:     
081719:     

A regretful expert. I have repaired before, I will repair again. My current goal is 670 FICO08 across the board by November 2019.
Message 7 of 122
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

Relating a 2 year old bk7 as just, " only baddie" isnt the best way to view it. Thats a pretty significsnt reason , and relatively recent bk that can still have repercussions with apps for years to come. Just remember lenders can put up a variety of reasons for denial when in fact its that bk that they dont like.
Charter Member of the Discover " No Cli For You " Club !

Chase Never/24 Squad Leader
Team Pendread Anonymous
#JustSayNo2Comenity
Officially S.O.G.O.T.P
Message 8 of 122
Regular Contributor

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"


@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Relating a 2 year old bk7 as just, " only baddie" isnt the best way to view it. Thats a pretty significsnt reason , and relatively recent bk that can still have repercussions with apps for years to come. Just remember lenders can put up a variety of reasons for denial when in fact its that bk that they dont like.

Understandable. At this point, we don't know exactly what Goldman like or don't like. I do feel it's worth it sharing here.

 

 

I called the number, 877-255-5923, the line went to Apple support then went through two transfers to discuss my application. I spoke with a superviser and he is in Goldman Sachs. This is NOT a recon line, but he said he can see more details but unable to share with me because he is not a credit analyst. But for my situation where the reason for denial reading "recent past dues" is inaccurate, so the superviser will escalate my request in hopes to provide more explanation.

 

He tried to pad the reason for rejection when explaining to me the list of contributing factors to my scores like severe delinquent or derogatory (BK), but I argue that this is what contributes to my scores. If we focus on the reason itself on the rejection - past dues - which is inaccurate, it should be reconsidered or looked into.

 

Also, I was able to confirm that if you apply, it will be soft pull. Upon accepting the approval, it becomes a hard pull. As per the supervisor.






$2500 SL Barclay Apple Rewards Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $1400 Merrick DoubleYourLine
Goals: Remove charged off Navient from EX & EQ; improve EX score; get travel reward cards; maintain util less than 10%, down from from 20%
Message 9 of 122
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"


@audio-disabled wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Relating a 2 year old bk7 as just, " only baddie" isnt the best way to view it. Thats a pretty significsnt reason , and relatively recent bk that can still have repercussions with apps for years to come. Just remember lenders can put up a variety of reasons for denial when in fact its that bk that they dont like.

Understandable. At this point, we don't know exactly what Goldman like or don't like. I do feel it's worth it sharing here.

 

 

I called the number, 877-255-5923, the line went to Apple support then went through two transfers to discuss my application. I spoke with a superviser and he is in Goldman Sachs. This is NOT a recon line, but he said he can see more details but unable to share with me because he is not a credit analyst. But for my situation where the reason for denial reading "recent past dues" is inaccurate, so the superviser will escalate my request in hopes to provide more explanation.

 

He tried to pad the reason for rejection when explaining to me the list of contributing factors to my scores like severe delinquent or derogatory (BK), but I argue that this is what contributes to my scores. If we focus on the reason itself on the rejection - past dues - which is inaccurate, it should be reconsidered or looked into.

 

Also, I was able to confirm that if you apply, it will be soft pull. Upon accepting the approval, it becomes a hard pull. As per the supervisor.


How could a two year old BK NOT BE VIEWED as a RECENT PAST DUE ????

A BK is the most severe  modifer in the game. You are not going to win this IMO. Sorry

 




3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>06/2019 CCT EX 829 TU 848 EQ 837
Thus will it come to pass. The Dying Leader will know the truth of the Opera House. The missing Three will give you the Five, who've come from the Home of the Thirteenth. You are the Harbinger of Death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their End. End of line.
Message 10 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.