cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

Because I am interpreting "past dues" as late payments, not BK. Am I wrong to think this way? 

 

While applying for credit, I do get rejections with the reasons of BK. But this one didn't specify that, but specified past dues. 






$2500 SL Barclay Apple Rewards Visa | $4500 CapitalOne Platinum | $1400 Merrick DoubleYourLine
Goals: Remove charged off Navient from EX & EQ; improve EX score; get travel reward cards; maintain util less than 10%, down from from 20%
Message 11 of 122
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

Yes you are.  I suggest you visit our Bankruptcy section and our Understanding FICO scoring for more personalied information concerning your situation.  Good luck




3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>06/2019 CCT EX 829 TU 848 EQ 837
Thus will it come to pass. The Dying Leader will know the truth of the Opera House. The missing Three will give you the Five, who've come from the Home of the Thirteenth. You are the Harbinger of Death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their End. End of line.
Message 12 of 122

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

Same. TU score 723. 3% utilization. No other hits, inquiries, BK’s. Last late payment was 7 years ago. 

 

Called TU and they said there were no recent past due payments, so they’re investigating, but not expecting a different outcome. I’ve seen a few other people say they were declined for this reason with no recent past dues, wonder what the deal is.

Message 13 of 122
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"


@usernamegoeshere wrote:

Same. TU score 723. 3% utilization. No other hits, inquiries, BK’s. Last late payment was 7 years ago. 

 

Called TU and they said there were no recent past due payments, so they’re investigating, but not expecting a different outcome. I’ve seen a few other people say they were declined for this reason with no recent past dues, wonder what the deal is.


Any collection accounts?

Also, what is your months since last negative?  ( you can get this for free on CK )

 

EDIT  It is easier to find on CCT or Experian.Com ( free )  by clicking menu / credit reports




3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>06/2019 CCT EX 829 TU 848 EQ 837
Thus will it come to pass. The Dying Leader will know the truth of the Opera House. The missing Three will give you the Five, who've come from the Home of the Thirteenth. You are the Harbinger of Death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their End. End of line.
Message 14 of 122

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

Last negative was 2 years 3 months ago. Unsure what it’s referring to - Experian doesn’t show any details on what that means - but it’s most likely a hard inquiry for another card I applied for about that time (and was approved for).

 

The one account I’m waiting to drop off my report was sent to collections and was charged off. Settled back in 2013, and the estimated date it’ll be removed from my credit report is in October. That’s the only account that I’m thinking might be causing it, but it’s not really a “recent past due”.

Message 15 of 122
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"


@usernamegoeshere wrote:

Last negative was 2 years 3 months ago. Unsure what it’s referring to - Experian doesn’t show any details on what that means - but it’s most likely a hard inquiry for another card I applied for about that time (and was approved for).

 

The one account I’m waiting to drop off my report was sent to collections and was charged off. Settled back in 2013, and the estimated date it’ll be removed from my credit report is in October. That’s the only account that I’m thinking might be causing it, but it’s not really a “recent past due”.


2y 3m from last negative is the issue you have.  Please take this to understanding FICO Scoring section for more info




3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>06/2019 CCT EX 829 TU 848 EQ 837
Thus will it come to pass. The Dying Leader will know the truth of the Opera House. The missing Three will give you the Five, who've come from the Home of the Thirteenth. You are the Harbinger of Death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their End. End of line.
Message 16 of 122
Super Contributor

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"


@audio-disabled wrote:

Because I am interpreting "past dues" as late payments, not BK. Am I wrong to think this way? 

 

While applying for credit, I do get rejections with the reasons of BK. But this one didn't specify that, but specified past dues. 


Yes, because bankruptcy typically forces you to miss your payments. Most lenders won't go back further than 2 years to cite recent past dues, but like what's been said before, BK is as bad as it gets now that judgements are no longer reported.








***AD SPACE AVAILABLE***
Message 17 of 122

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"


@Meanmchine wrote:

@usernamegoeshere wrote:

Last negative was 2 years 3 months ago. Unsure what it’s referring to - Experian doesn’t show any details on what that means - but it’s most likely a hard inquiry for another card I applied for about that time (and was approved for).

 

The one account I’m waiting to drop off my report was sent to collections and was charged off. Settled back in 2013, and the estimated date it’ll be removed from my credit report is in October. That’s the only account that I’m thinking might be causing it, but it’s not really a “recent past due”.


2y 3m from last negative is the issue you have.  Please take this to understanding FICO Scoring section for more info


Thanks, I've opened a new thread. It was actually 2 years 7 months - still doesn't jive with what I'm seeing in the account summaries, and in Score Ingredients it says my last late payment was 5 years 10 months ago.

Message 18 of 122
Established Member

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

I received denial of "recent past due" with 718 TU score and $131,000 income. I have a past due that is over 4 years old. Have CSP with 22,400 limit and with 3% util and really don't know what they are looking for as far as customer base. On reddit some have been approved with far less income and low to middle 600s score. Approvals seem totally random.
Message 19 of 122
New Contributor

Re: Apple Card denied - due to "recently been past due"

I would imagine that the people that got in early with mediocre scores are all lucky.

 

I'm sure many of millions of people want the new apple card, and there is no way they can extend them all credit the first week.. I think as time goes on, they'll tighten the requirements and can pretty much pick and choose who they let in.

 

This whole process is newe to both Goldman Sachs and Apple.. They'll learn and adapt pretty quickly..

 

 

Last Inquiry 11/8/2018 (QS1 approved $300.00)
Fico Score Progression :
10/1/2018 EQ 530 TU 535 EX 540
12/16/2018 EQ 630 TU 621 EX 636
12/27/2018 EQ 639 TU 628 EX 634
6/6/2019 EQ 626 TU 565 EX 614
7/17/2019 EQ 644 TU 641 EX 678
8/10/2019 EQ 650 TU 757 EX 684
In the garden till 1/1/2020
Message 20 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.