Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card iPhone required?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card iPhone required?

You can do this but it’s going to be a hassle. I had a whole post typed up but I’m not 100% sure about the limitations when using it the way you intend to so I removed it. 

Message 11 of 14
kaw943
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So, It looks like to get an Apple Card an iPhone is required? A bit of silly requriement...

I guess an iPad doesn't qualitfy you? Figured that would be enough but guess no. Figure they want people using Apple Pay as much as posssible and not the physical card. 

Per macrumors.com 

The report claims that the iPad will have a dedicated app for signing up for and managing the Apple Card, as confirmed by hidden iOS 12.4 references uncovered by developer Steve Moser

Trans 740| Equifax 722| Experian 733| Chase Sapphire Reserve 20k|Discover It 12k| Bofa Cash Rewards 22k| Citi Prestige 11k and AA Executive WEMC 22k|Amazon SC 7k|FNBO TravElite 10k| Amex Plat NSPL, Everyday Preferred 6k|PenFed Plat Rewards
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to apply on my iPad, although I was declined! Smiley Very Happy 1st I had to request an invite by tapping Notify Me on their website (https://www.apple.com/apple-card/) The next day, my invite was in my email...with the subject line Get early access to Apple Card. Update to iOS 12.4 to apply.  I updated to iOS 12.4 like it stated, and once that was done I went to Settings...Wallet & Apple Pay...Add Card, and Apple Card was there as an option. I applied from there!

Message 13 of 14
privacyadvocate69
Contributor

Apple does not require fingerprint authorization.

Apple does not require facial recognition.

And yes, you can pay your bill even if you lose your phone.

The Apple Card works fine with a passcode.

And if you set up scheduled monthly payments, it doesn’t matter if you lose your phone, your payments will still go through.

There are plenty of credit cards available that do not require an iPhone. GO GET ONE! The whole point of Apple’s card is to sell Apple hardware and encourage use of Apple’s payment method. It’s not for everyone. You may not be it’s target customer. It will be OK.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.