cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Credit Card Approval - Accept or Deny?

tag
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

Apple Credit Card Approval - Accept or Deny?

Good evening,

I recently was approved for the Amex Gold and DCU Platinum. The Amex Gold is amazing and a card that shows how far I have come in my credit journey. Few years ago I was in the credit rebuild forum here and they helped me get to this point. 

Anyhow, I am at 6 hard inquiries so I am not sure if I should accept the Apple Card offer I received. 

$4,500 SL

I have a lot of cards : CSP, Chase Unlimited Freedom, Chase Flex, Citi Custom, Discover IT Card, Amex Everyday

Should I accept the offer? I don't see me needing it but would the $4500 limit being added to my total credit lines help?

5/27/17 Experian: 679 Equifax: 628 TransUnion: 630
Cap1 QS:600 Credit One: 600 Merrick Bank: 550 Amex: 500 JCrew: 250
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Apple Credit Card Approval - Accept or Deny?

@Brickbybrick wrote:

Good evening,

I recently was approved for the Amex Gold and DCU Platinum. The Amex Gold is amazing and a card that shows how far I have come in my credit journey. Few years ago I was in the credit rebuild forum here and they helped me get to this point. 

Anyhow, I am at 6 hard inquiries so I am not sure if I should accept the Apple Card offer I received. 

$4,500 SL

I have a lot of cards : CSP, Chase Unlimited Freedom, Chase Flex, Citi Custom, Discover IT Card, Amex Everyday

Should I accept the offer? I don't see me needing it but would the $4500 limit being added to my total credit lines help?

If you don't see yourself needing it, then it's not worth lowering your AAoA even further by adding an extra tradeline that you may likely not use as much. If you're a card hobbyist/collector, then that may be different story, but I would weigh the cons/pros to see whether it merits an additional HP on your CRs and then an extra tradeline to manage, besides the 2 you recently obtained.

You may also want to update your signature with your latest cards/scores.

Message 2 of 6
Brickbybrick
Regular Contributor

That makes sense, I completely forgot about AAoA... Began focusing on having as much credit as possible.

Thank you!

5/27/17 Experian: 679 Equifax: 628 TransUnion: 630
Cap1 QS:600 Credit One: 600 Merrick Bank: 550 Amex: 500 JCrew: 250
Message 3 of 6
joltdude
Senior Contributor

the other thing is you could wait it out for your scores to rebound from your recent credit apps, and you might get a better tier and starting CL.... this is of course if you  could utilize the card .... find it mostly useful for the zero financing offers and the 3% on apple purchases and other select categories.... 

-J

Message 4 of 6
FishingGuy
Frequent Contributor

IMHO,  if you don't think you really need it at this time..... I would wait it out, let some of (or all of those) 6 inquiries drop off... let the accounts age and get cards that you really need or want in the future. 

If anything before applying for new cards,  as your accounts age, work on "soft pull" CLI on existing cards that offer that to acquire more credit with no hard pulls and not lowering your AAOA.

Message 5 of 6
lovebackwards
Contributor

@Brickbybrick wrote:

Good evening,

$4,500 SL

I would wait out the inquiries then reapply. Especially since with Apple, you don't get a hard pull until you actually accept.

If you ever accept, the credit limit increases are very generous for that card. Good luck!

Starting Score [FICO 9] - Nov 2020    Current FICO 8 Scores - 7/08/2022

Goal Scores

Credit Cards - Total: $10,750

Inquiries - 24 Months                                                   Most Recent Hard Pull

Goal Cards

Gardening since 05/04/2021 - Goal: 24 months
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.