Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple card sct

tag
razzy116
Established Contributor

Apple card sct

I applied for the Apple card using the sct, it says they want my full ss# before they can approve me, i did put in the last four ss #, what does this mean? Thank you.

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Apple card sct

I don't think there is a SCT for an Apple Card...the SCT is usually only for Comenity cards, which Apple is not.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 36
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@razzy116 wrote:

I applied for the Apple card using the sct, it says they want my full ss# before they can approve me, i did put in the last four ss #, what does this mean? Thank you.

It sounds like additional ID verification to me. There is actually a SCT for the Apple Card. If you apply for something and a lender asks you for additional verification, you must comply if you want their product. Did it give you a SL and APR and you accepted the offer, or did it want your full SSN before it even showed you what you qualified for?

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 3 of 36
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

It sounds like additional ID verification to me. There is actually a SCT for the Apple Card. If you apply for something and a lender asks you for additional verification, you must comply if you want their product. Did it give you a SL and APR and you accepted the offer, or did it want your full SSN before it even showed you what you qualified for?

But if you apply it's a HP which defeats the SCT .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 36
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

Many people on these forums have increased their approval odds for the Apple Card by adding Apple products to their shopping cart and then applying for the card at checkout, even after being denied in the Wallet app. This is a different type of SCT that looks to improve approval odds rather than avoid a HP. 

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 36
razzy116
Established Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

It did not give me a SL and APR, When i first applied it wanted the last four of my SSN than it wanted my full SSN for verification. I did not go through with the application. Thank you

Starting Score: 663
Current Score: c669
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 36
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditAggie wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

Many people on these forums have increased their approval odds for the Apple Card by adding Apple products to their shopping cart and then applying for the card at checkout, even after being denied in the Wallet app. This is a different type of SCT that looks to improve approval odds rather than avoid a HP. 

But the whole point of the SCT is to get an SP approval on a credit card...

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 36
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Maybe instead of referring to the SCT it could be called the ACT = Apple Cart Trick Smiley Very Happy  Semantics aside, it's similar to the traditional [Comenity] SCT, but accepting would be HP.   By and large, even a variety of SCT experiences have shown a HP is also possible.

Message 8 of 36
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@CreditAggie wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

But the whole point of the SCT is to get an SP approval on a credit card...

that's what I said Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 36
joltdude
Senior Contributor

In the past i said it was similar to the SCT but not the same... Folks who have previously not gotten approvals have gotten approvals,  folks who have gotten offers on the lowish side had them increased a bit, and it also can work for CLI requests... I like the idea of calling it ACT....  

Since in the SCT you have to load your cart to get an offer..... 

Same with ACT......

Difference is the HP on acceptance, vs the possibility of no HP with SCT.. though as folks will tell you, you still can get an HP for what should be an SCT card... 

-J

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.