Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application pickle Wells Fargo

tag
totallymytravis
New Contributor

Application pickle Wells Fargo

I Applied for the Wells Fargo reflect credit card because of the 21 months 0% APR offer. I just purchased a house last week and wanted to use it to pay for a new air conditioning unit in the house. The HVAC person is recommending that I use a Home Depot project loan or a Home Depot credit card but I wanted to first pull the trigger on this Wells Fargo offer then pull the trigger on the Home Depot credit line since the Wells Fargo offer is desirable (why waste a pull).

I applied and received a pending message from Wells Fargo. I called and they said 24 to 72 hours to get a decision. 
The HVAC people want me to pay so they can put me on the schedule for next week. But I also don't see any alerts saying that Wells Fargo has even pulled my credit. What should I do? I really want to pull the trigger and just apply for the Home Depot project loan but don't want to do that and then for Wells Fargo to finally pull my credit to review my application and see that I have this new account. Any advice would be great. Also if anyone knows what bureau Wells Fargo typically pulls that would be great too :-)

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Application pickle Wells Fargo

@totallymytravis wrote:

I Applied for the Wells Fargo reflect credit card because of the 21 months 0% APR offer. I just purchased a house last week and wanted to use it to pay for a new air conditioning unit in the house. The HVAC person is recommending that I use a Home Depot project loan or a Home Depot credit card but I wanted to first pull the trigger on this Wells Fargo offer then pull the trigger on the Home Depot credit line since the Wells Fargo offer is desirable (why waste a pull).

I applied and received a pending message from Wells Fargo. I called and they said 24 to 72 hours to get a decision. 
The HVAC people want me to pay so they can put me on the schedule for next week. But I also don't see any alerts saying that Wells Fargo has even pulled my credit. What should I do? I really want to pull the trigger and just apply for the Home Depot project loan but don't want to do that and then for Wells Fargo to finally pull my credit to review my application and see that I have this new account. Any advice would be great. Also if anyone knows what bureau Wells Fargo typically pulls that would be great too :-)

No clue but my recent experiences with WF is they hardly even attempt to pull my bureaus even after i know i applied. Weird as fico but i guess its saved me from a hp denialSmiley Wink. Grats on new homeSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Do you have to do the HVAC upgrade next week or can it wait?   AC season is still a few weeks away right Smiley Wink , unless you're somewhere tropical so maybe you can wait for the WF response ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 11
bigseegar
Established Contributor

An evener bigger question you might want to be asking yourself is even if they approve is WF going to give you a big enough limit for a new HVAC system and if so the effect it wll have on card UTL. I mean most quality HVAC systems are $8K-$20K 

Message 4 of 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@totallymytravis wrote:

Also if anyone knows what bureau Wells Fargo typically pulls that would be great too :-)

Wells Fargo typically pulls Experian FICO 9 for CC applications. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@coldfusion wrote:

@totallymytravis wrote:

Also if anyone knows what bureau Wells Fargo typically pulls that would be great too :-)

They've also been known to pull TU and EQ. A variety of my WF applications have yielded pulls in any of the 3.

Message 6 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@totallymytravis wrote:

Extremely important!!

Do NOT let the HVAC vendor pressure you into applying for a HD card or any other financing--schedule be &$&#%!" The HVAC will be there when and if you want to have it installed. Neither the unit nor the vendor is going anywhere. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Do you have to do the HVAC upgrade next week or can it wait?   AC season is still a few weeks away right Smiley Wink , unless you're somewhere tropical so maybe you can wait for the WF response ?

^^^ this

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 11
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@totallymytravis wrote:

Extremely important!!

Do NOT let the HVAC vendor pressure you into applying for a HD card or any other financing--schedule be &$&#%!" The HVAC will be there when and if you want to have it installed. Neither the unit nor the vendor is going anywhere. 

Agreed!

The vendor should not be telling you what funds should be used - that's your decision.

Make sure the contractor is licensed and bonded/insured. Then give them a 10% deposit to start the work. Pay the balance after the job is done.

I did just that when I got my 2200 sq ft flooring installed in my house I bought 2 months ago.  

The flooring contractor who came from Floor & Decor, did not pressure me to buy from F&D.  

We ended up with another supplier due to materials shortage at F&D. Contractor started the job with 10% and asked for the 90% balance after we were satisfied with the work.  

We charged the $15K to the Amex Platinum to float it for a month (got MR points too).

Then we apped for the Wells Fargo Reflect plus player 2 to transfer the Amex to WF.

My post: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Wells-Fargo-Reflect-14K-8K-SL-2-new-cards-w-j... 

WF pulled EX - instant decision online due to relationship banking (joint checking).

Message 9 of 11
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@totallymytravis wrote:

For me they double pulled - EX and EQ, I forget the versions.

Potential Future Cards
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.