Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for American Express GOLD card

tag
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Applied for American Express GOLD card

I apply for a card every quarter or so - even tho I know the general consenus is 5.5 years for BK7

It has been 4 years this month from filing.    I applied - and they actually Double Pulled _Experian and _Transunion...

I beleive this means i am out of the 'blacklist' area.    I currently have 14K  reporting (Paid in Full - but missed the statement cutoff - no interst but it reported maxed out) - so i don't expect an approval.  I am just excited for a credit pull - i will try again in 6 months with AZEO method.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Re: Applied for American Express GOLD card

FYI I owed them $2500 personally in BK which I did not repay.

Message 2 of 14
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

That's about what I think i burned them for in 2015. The Gold is on my list this quarter to try for or the Delta gold which some say is easier to get potentially.

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $38,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000 /

SOCKDRAWERED FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ WELLS FARGO ACTIVE CASH $8200/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 3 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@MyDataMyChoice  Its 5.1 yrs. But there have been a couple rare early approvals lately. Take it with a grain of salt. 

Message 4 of 14
mfinsmi1
Established Contributor

@MyDataMyChoice amex usually double pulls for NEW applicants now - after you get it on the persoanl card every new card you apply for business or persoanl will be a soft pull 

Personal Cards (Over $100k):

Business Cards:

Rebuilding Starting Scores - December 2021

FICO SCORE 8/9 - Current 1/6/23

Stats: : 3/6; 8/12; 17/24 --- AAoA 3 YRS, 8 MO --- INQ: EX-6/TU-7/EQ-2
Message 5 of 14
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

@MyDataMyChoice wrote:

If you owe them money, I think you are being overly-optimistic. Amex generally has a very long memory if you owe them, and  the Optima program is over. Good luck. 

FICO 8 (3/1/24) EX 805 EQ 824 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778TU 850
I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 11K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 10K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 3K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 4K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I
Message 6 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jeffster1 wrote:

@MyDataMyChoice wrote:

If you owe them money, I think you are being overly-optimistic. Amex generally has a very long memory if you owe them, and  the Optima program is over. Good luck. 

The Optima CC is still available for specific profiles, whether it's offered via the Oasis or Apollo program. AENB is very selective with these programs and they're not throwing the Optima card as an option with every balance recovery effort. As with anything, outcomes will vary.

Message 7 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@mfinsmi1 wrote:

@MyDataMyChoice amex usually double pulls for NEW applicants now - after you get it on the persoanl card every new card you apply for business or persoanl will be a soft pull 

Just an FYI. Not every application will have a double hit on TU + EX. Plenty of DPs on single EX HPs without touching TU at all. Obviously, profile-specific.

As far as SP once becoming an AENB member, that's not always 100% the case. While the majority of applicants may experience SP approvals depending on AENB tenure, HPs are still possible with future cards -- there's DPs in the Approvals and Business Credit sections.

Message 8 of 14
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

While the majority of applicants may experience SP approvals depending on AENB tenure, HPs are still possible with future cards -- there's DPs in the Approvals and Business Credit sections.

Can confirm from personal experience. Applications for card #4 and card #8 were instant approvals but triggered EX hard pulls.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 9 of 14
shalimarcat
Regular Contributor

@MyDataMyChoice wrote:

I apply for a card every quarter or so - even tho I know the general consenus is 5.5 years for BK7

It has been 4 years this month from filing.    I applied - and they actually Double Pulled _Experian and _Transunion...

I beleive this means i am out of the 'blacklist' area.    I currently have 14K  reporting (Paid in Full - but missed the statement cutoff - no interst but it reported maxed out) - so i don't expect an approval.  I am just excited for a credit pull - i will try again in 6 months with AZEO method.

Hello, that is a good sign that Amex pulled TransUnion and Experian. They did the same for me when I applied after financial difficulties. I didn't have to file bankruptcy, but I did go into a debt hardship program, had some debt forgiven, and paid back the rest. I eventually got back in with Amex in 2022. Good luck with your application!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.