cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Chase Freedom today & recon'd - odds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applied for Chase Freedom today & recon'd - odds?

Of course the lender makes the ultimate decisions. I comped the best I could through hundreds of Chase Freedom posts. I'd rather make an informed decision versus a blind one - every day of the week and twice on Sundays! As I've gotten older and matured I realize that knowledge is very powerful!  

I really appreciate your insight Fin! Yes I wholeheartedly agree - BB&T is much more conservative than the Chase Freedom requirements! Excellent point! 

Message 11 of 21
xaximus
Valued Contributor

You may have a chance in getting the card, but I'm on the fence here. Getting a denial is never a good sign and it's usually a good place to stop, garden and grow what you have. Also, that may spoke a lender like Chase because with a lot of inquiries and several new accounts, they tend to be more conservative.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Points X! 

3 new accounts and 3 inquiries before theirs in the last 6 months. But I agree - it's time for me to garden. Just wanted to take 1 swing for Chase before BB&T and NFCU report and I'm over the 5/24 rule for the foreseeable future. Fin is right that no profiles are alike but I did research this and felt I had a shot. 1 HP lost if things don't work out.

However, the more I think about it and read.... the more I'm thinking I actually have a 50/50 shot. Particularly with the 14 day DP approvals that are ALL OVER this board. I'll report back - win, lose or draw! It really means a lot to me that I have experienced MF'ers giving me feedback about my odds with Chase. Honestly - thank you everyone! 

Message 13 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, please update your thread with the results. Others who may do their research or follow in your footsteps can make more informed decisions whether or not to apply based on similar, collective DPs.

Of course, as with anything, no risk no reward 😁
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Denied, Recon, 14 Day message

Sorry I’m posting another thread. Just wanted to know if anyone has had this happen? I’ve read numerous threads and message boards that state a 14 day message is promising.

The CSR spoke with me for about 30 minutes. Stated he had made his recommendation and it was going to the next person. 7-14 days he said and he wouldn’t disclose his recommendation. Although I didn’t really push him on the matter.

I have also read numerous threads that people have been denied and immediately shut down during recon. Haven’t been able to find much that compare to my current situation. Sorry for the 2 posts but this app has gotten to my nerves because they did 2 HP’s. For a rebuilder that sucks if it goes for nothing.

Thanks inadvance.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Denied, Recon, 14 Day message

@Anonymous

I merged the thread you started in the Approvals forum (wrong forum) with this one as they are on the same subject.  Please do not cross post in different forums. It is confusing to other members trying to assist you and is against forum rules. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just so everyone knows I was indeed denied. Auto number switched from 14 days to 7-10 in about 3 days. Haven’t received reasons yet. Will update when I do.
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Of course the lender makes the ultimate decisions. I comped the best I could through hundreds of Chase Freedom posts. I'd rather make an informed decision versus a blind one - every day of the week and twice on Sundays! As I've gotten older and matured I realize that knowledge is very powerful!  

I really appreciate your insight Fin! Yes I wholeheartedly agree - BB&T is much more conservative than the Chase Freedom requirements! Excellent point! 

Smiley Surprised

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

😂. Was waiting for someone. Hook, line, sinker. I was being partially disingenuous. BB&T is known for being conservative though.
Message 19 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
😂. Was waiting for someone. Hook, line, sinker. I was being partially disingenuous. BB&T is known for being conservative though.

Yes, the Chase declined outcome is not surprising even after the "recommendatiom" from the analyst you spoke to. 

As far as BB&T, not as conservative these days depending on an individual's overall profile.  They've expanded into various footprint markets and have leveraged that capability with a variety of lending products.  So, it's not surprising to see folks being able to get approved for a couple of their cards, albeit with lower SLs.  More established profiles have higher SLs, of course.  Prior to such expansion, they were a bit more conservative similar to SunTrust.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.