cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: APPROVED! Applied for Chase Freedom!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are the chances good? Considering apping...

Let us know what happens!! I think he has a Great chance at getting the Chase Card they may just want verification that’s all. Now you play the waiting game
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

So he got a little impatient and decided to call yesterday (2 days after apping). Spoke to a representative, who asked him some questions (name, SS#, address, etc.) to pull up his application. The representative then put him on hold as he told him he needs to connect him to the lending department. He then came back after a couple minutes and said "nevermind sir, you'll need to call back on Monday and speak to the verification department as they're closed on the weekends."

That's the update I have so far. Will keep you all posted after he calls the verification department tomorrow.
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So he got a little impatient and decided to call yesterday (2 days after apping). Spoke to a representative, who asked him some questions (name, SS#, address, etc.) to pull up his application. The representative then put him on hold as he told him he needs to connect him to the lending department. He then came back after a couple minutes and said "nevermind sir, you'll need to call back on Monday and speak to the verification department as they're closed on the weekends."

That's the update I have so far. Will keep you all posted after he calls the verification department tomorrow.

Wonder if they work NYE ? Smiley Surprised GL to your brother!

Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today's update:

So he called the verification department today. They sent him a text message to confirm it's him. They then put him on hold to process the application. The representative then came back and said he'll receive a letter in the mail requesting some further information from him. He'll need to either mail, fax, or bring the document to a Chase branch, filled out. He'll then either receive the card or denial letter in the mail 1-2 weeks after submission of the document.

Anyone with experience, what could they be further requesting from him? Is this a formality? What's the best route to submit the document? Maybe personally drop it off at a local Chase branch so they know it's him?

He thinks his chances of approval are getting slimmer.

Thanks for all your responses and help!
Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the message the robo lady is giving now.

"Thank you for applying. Your application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing within 7-10 business days of our decision."
Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it’s just a formality. I did the same thing and they were able to verify over the phone. He has a thinner file than me so I suspect they just need more of his info.
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did he get any response yet?

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Syrdi Still awaiting correspondence via snailmail. Although he submitted app on December 27th, it didn't get processed until January 2 because that's when he verification/fraud department were back to normal business hours. His application is in the verification/fraud department, that's for sure. He called to check status a couple times and that's where they kept transferring him. On his last call, the representative did ask him if he'd like them to put a note in to expedite the review process. I guess all he can do is wait for the correspondence to proceed further. They're probably requesting DL, SSN, and POI from what I've researched on this board.

Will keep you all posted.
Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

So he finally received correspondence from Chase today. They're unable to identify him. They asked he fill out Form SSA-89 and mail/fax back to Chase. It's odd since he has credit history dating back almost 2 years.

1. He did not put his middle name on the application. It does state his middle name on his SS card. Could that be the reason they're unable to identify him?

2. For those who had to submit this form in the past, will this result in another hard pull?
Message 19 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

There should not be any additional HP.

That being said, have your brother visit the nearest Chase branch to get those documents imaged/faxed. This should hopefully expedite the process some.

Just need to temper your expectations whenever any verification instances like these occur. Patience is key.
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.