cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: APPROVED! Applied for Chase Freedom!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are the chances good? Considering apping...

All I know is that if it’s been more than 30 days since the last hard pull. The bank will hard pull again if they need to review the app again even if it’s recon. As long as the 2 years history isn’t an authorized user account they should be fine. I applied for chase freedom last year with one year history under my Amex AU account and chase said they couldn’t see it during recon. So it was pointless until I got my very own card. As for the name, I just applied for the freedom card last month (you saw my post on it) and didn’t put my middle name either. But it was on my state id as well and was still approved. I don’t think the middle name is the issue. I would say at this point, it’s a good sign since they need to verify who the person is, rather than denying the app outright. So there’s still a good amount of hope for an approval. Just send the required forms and don’t bug them about it or you’ll seem desperate for the credit. Which is a red flag for most if not all banks.
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for the hope! He's the primary on all accounts.

So I took him to a local branch the day before yesterday, to have them fax the filled out form to Chase. He didn't prefill the form. We figured it's best the banker did it and fax it over. The personal banker began to fill out the form and misspelled his name as it was on his SS card. It was the only copy we had. She then called Chase verification/fraud department to request another form. She than typed all information onto the form instead of handwriting it. He verified it was correct and she went over to fax it. She said it'll take 24-48 hours to update the faxed document into their system.

The robolady status as of today has changed from the "7-10 days" messaged back to the "30 days" message.

Also, there hasn't been any inquiries yet from the initial app based on his reports.
Message 22 of 28
Remedios
Credit Mentor

There should not be  additional HP just for verification 

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds much better than 7-10 days. Good luck!
Message 24 of 28
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

Citi gave me a similar treatment and requested many documents.

When I asked the CSR, she told me it's usually good news because otherwise they would've denied me on the spot.

Hopefully he'll get approved soon Smiley Happy 

Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Approved! Applied for Chase Freedom!

Great news! He is approved for the Chase Freedom!

After we went to the branch last week to fax the form, he called in yesterday to see if they've processed the form. The representative said they have received it and their "highest team" is reviewing the application and he'll receive a decision via mail in 1-2 weeks.

This morning, as he did for the past 22 days after submitting the application, he called the automated line with me beside him and we were shocked to hear the message "You've been approved! Your card will me mailed to you within 10 business days!" Then the message went on to say his SL is $6,100.00 with 0% intro APR until May 2020 then 22.99% afterwards. He pays in full so not worried about the APR. We're just glad he got in with Chase!

Couple questions, though.

1. Will Chase expedite the card if requested?
2. He checked CK for inquiries and none are showing up for TU and EQ. Could it be that the only pulled EX? I know they pulled TU and EX when I applied for my CFU.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for the support and encouragement during this app process!
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update: Approved! Applied for Chase Freedom!

@Anonymous wrote:
Great news! He is approved for the Chase Freedom!

After we went to the branch last week to fax the form, he called in yesterday to see if they've processed the form. The representative said they have received it and their "highest team" is reviewing the application and he'll receive a decision via mail in 1-2 weeks.

This morning, as he did for the past 22 days after submitting the application, he called the automated line with me beside him and we were shocked to hear the message "You've been approved! Your card will me mailed to you within 10 business days!" Then the message went on to say his SL is $6,100.00 with 0% intro APR until May 2020 then 22.99% afterwards. He pays in full so not worried about the APR. We're just glad he got in with Chase!

Couple questions, though.

1. Will Chase expedite the card if requested?
2. He checked CK for inquiries and none are showing up for TU and EQ. Could it be that the only pulled EX? I know they pulled TU and EX when I applied for my CFU.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for the support and encouragement during this app process!

I'll answer question #2. Yes it's possible. Chase has only ever pulled EX for me. 

Congrats to your friend!!!

Message 27 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Update: APPROVED! Applied for Chase Freedom!

This thead is locked and closed to new messages.

The new thread can be found here:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Helped-family-member-get-Chase-Freedom/m-p/54...

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.