Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Hilton Ascend Amex...In Progress

tag
tussking
Established Contributor

Applied for Hilton Ascend Amex...In Progress

It's been 24 hours since I applied. I keep checking the website. When I called in they told me it's in a different department for review and they don't take phone calls. Anyone been thru this before? TIA!

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: Applied for Hilton Ascend Amex...In Progress

Went through it about 5 days ago, standard procedure these days.
You could call 800-567-1083 if you haven't already, that is the new account dept. they might talk to you.
I just asked them if they need more info to help with the decision, by the time we finished talking I was approved.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 12
tussking
Established Contributor

Thank you! Calling now!

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Message 3 of 12
tussking
Established Contributor

I hope these data points will help others.

You can see I have 180k+ in current credit lines. I have a clean CR report except for my BK7 with very low inq's and the only reason

AMEX declined me was BANKRUPTCY.

We cannot approve you application at this time for the following reasons:

Bankruptcy.

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is absurd, and I would see if you can appeal their decision. You're score is pretty good actually. I do not know what they saw. BUT you could see if they could approve you for another card like the AMEX EveryDAY card. I have their basic card, and i feel they would deny me on the Hilton card. 

Message 5 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Except AmEx is not alone with denying applications that have the presence of BK.

Now, since the OP appears to be within the timeframe sometime next year (2020) to be considered again, no harm in waiting, right?  So, unlike other lenders that changed their BK policy (e.g. Chase), AmEx offers some flexibility in that area if the OP can endure some patience.

Unfortunately, it's doubtful that AmEx will bend to reconsider this recent denial.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

How is that absurd? This individual has a CH7 public record that isn't even 4yrs old! That will be reported for 10yrs so OP I am interested in how you have $180k in CL 

Credit scores don't mean as much with a realtively fresh CH7 being reported, that will have less and less impact over time but it seems you aren't doing too bad considering so kudos there.

Message 7 of 12
tussking
Established Contributor

I am happy to share any of my data points from my rebuild. What specifically are you looking for?

TIA!

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for your denial. You won’t be eligible until 5 years, 1 month post file date of your BK. Waiting will save you a Hp in the future. 

Message 9 of 12
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Yeah I would like to know how you got that much credit extended to you and how much limit on each card is?

Also, when did you apply for each card?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.