cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for both Chase Freedom and Chase Sapphire Preferred...

tag
BetterTomorrow
New Contributor

Applied for both Chase Freedom and Chase Sapphire Preferred...

I've read good things about pairing the two so I applied for both tonight. Well I got instantly approved for Chase Freedom for 3K but got this message for Sapphire "We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days." Does this mean I got denied for Sapphire? Maybe I shouldn't have applied for both in the same day? FYI, these two are the only inquiries this year.

4/22/08
TU 673 EQ 631 EX 689

7/1/12
TU 705 EQ 717 EX 718
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Applied for both Chase Freedom and Chase Sapphire Preferred...

No you should be fine. It's probably verification. Call and see if they need to verify who you are. Once they do, you'll be approved and given your SL. Good luck!😀
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, not at all. They may need ID verification or simply more time to process. I got the same message when I applied for the CSP. It took much less than 30 days for Chase to approve. If you're approved, you might receive an email saying you a new card should arrive in the mail. It's weird that they never actually sent me an email or letter saying I was approved. They just sent an email about the card and then my card came in the mail. 

Message 3 of 5
BetterTomorrow
New Contributor

Oh okay thanks... I appreciate your help.

4/22/08
TU 673 EQ 631 EX 689

7/1/12
TU 705 EQ 717 EX 718
Message 4 of 5
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@BetterTomorrow wrote:

I've read good things about pairing the two so I applied for both tonight. Well I got instantly approved for Chase Freedom for 3K but got this message for Sapphire "We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision by U.S. mail. This could take up to 30 days." Does this mean I got denied for Sapphire? Maybe I shouldn't have applied for both in the same day? FYI, these two are the only inquiries this year.

You can do a Chase 2 for 1 on the same day, no problem. I myself got my Amazon Visa and AARP card just hours apart with one hard pull. Hopefully it's just verification.

The only thing that concerns me is they only gave you $3K on the Freedom, so they might not be willing to extend more credit to you right now. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.