Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for the NFCU cash rewards card and got the 24 hour notice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for the NFCU cash rewards card and got the 24 hour notice

I wouldnt have applied for the card if i didnt think i would get instantly approved. Early today it said i was preapproved for this card in myoffers. So i apply for it and they tell me its processing for 24 hours. Is this normal? Should I worry? I knew I should have stayed in the garden. Man whenever i dont go with my gut it bites me in the ass.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applied for the NFCU cash rewards card and got the 24 hour notice

@Anonymous wrote:
I wouldnt have applied for the card if i didnt think i would get instantly approved. Early today it said i was preapproved for this card in myoffers. So i apply for it and they tell me its processing for 24 hours. Is this normal? Should I worry? I knew I should have stayed in the garden. Man whenever i dont go with my gut it bites me in the ass.

It's normal for some unless your golden I app for the same card 2/6/15  still in review check my account today and finally showed up but the funny part is credit limit 0 zero hopefully it gets updated sometimes today. You'll probably get a text message from nfed stating your approve by tomorrow. Good luck

Message 2 of 8
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

Normal.  Usually you'll get a text or confirmation message. 

Worse comes to worse, give them a call.

DM was instant approval but she is in way better shape credit wise.  Did my cashRewards and it took 3 days, only because I app'd really late in the evening on a Friday.  Approval didn't come until that Monday.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw the status change to "Approved" in the credit card section of my secure messages (they send you a link to this area in the acknowledgement of your application) a few hours before I got a text or an email. But I'm one of those OCD constant refreshers. I think it took 18 hours or so to approve me.

Message 4 of 8
OffToBetterStart
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

This is normal as everyone else said.

NFCU Cash Rewards $10,000 -Cap 1 Venture $10,750 - Care Credit $7,000 - Cap 1 Quicksilver $5,000 - Cap 1 Venture 1 $5,000 - Barclays Arrival $6,150 - Barclay Rewards $3,190 -Cap 1 Quicksilver $6,000 - Walmart $700
BK7 Discharge 1/04/2013
Current Scores EX (657) EQ (671) TU (644)
Message 5 of 8
jbsea
Established Contributor

So have you heard back yet?

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. I called customer service (who was nice of course. Still getting used to belonging to a "real" bank) last night and they told me because of the holiday weekend i most likely wont hear anything until tuesday.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally normal. I got the preselected banner the day I became a member and the very next day (after I became a member) I applied and was given the 3-5 day message and then another message I would know within 1 day. ONE HOUR later I checked and had another message saying I was approved for $12,500!!

So my approval only took 1 hour after applying but depending how busy they are it can take longer. I'm sure you will be just fine and will get a update soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.