Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for Chase FU now or wait?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply for Chase FU now or wait?

As ya'll can see from my sig, I was planning on gardening until April with the sole intention of apping for the Chase FU at that time. Then app for the CSP in Dec 2019 when I'm Chase 4/24 again. No sign of a mortgage within the next 3 years or so, but I will be after a new-to-me car at the end of next year. No further credit cards to add after that unless my spend changes or something really shiny comes along.

I checked Chase prequals today and I'm pre-qualified with firm APRs for the FU (16.99%) and CSP (17.99%) which I believe are the lowest APRs possible. No offers or green checks when I log into my Chase account though.

AoYA = 3 mos

AoOA = 20 yrs 4 mos

AAoA = 5 yrs

Utilization is 2%.

Two installment loans (both cars) @ 17% paid & 20% paid.

Scorable inquiries: EX-4 (lose 1 on the 30th & another in Jan), TU-0, EQ-0

All other relevant DPs in my sig.

My question to you good folks is in your opinion, should I go ahead & app for the FU now or continue to wait until April for some reason? I'm thinking the sooner I get it, the faster my AAoA recovers. Is there a reason to wait now that I'm not seeing?

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Apply for Chase FU now or wait?

I would say - based on your future outlook - to app for it now. That way, when you do app for the CSP in a year, you have a year of history with Chase. Also - since you'll have history, chances are you'll get a higher SL when opening the CSP. Just my 2 cents, as always - YEMV.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I think your chances for either are equal, so pick the one you actually want and let it spin. 

Message 3 of 9
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I would go for the FU first. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for your opinions....decided to app for it. Signature update & approval post coming soon. :-)

Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I would wait til your approval thread shows approvedSmiley Wink. At least than you can be 100% confident you have a new Chase card😁
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I would wait til your approval thread shows approvedSmiley Wink. At least than you can be 100% confident you have a new Chase card😁

HA! I didn't post here until I had approval in hand. Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 9
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks all for your opinions....decided to app for it. Signature update & approval post coming soon. :-)

Congratulations! That's a nice starting limit, too. In six months, a CSP/CSR (I forgot which one you are after) should be easy peasy. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This thread is locked and closed to new messages.

The new thread can be found here:  https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Chase-Freedom-Unlimited-Approved-16-700/m-p/5...

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.