cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for the BCE and wait to apply for CFU or vise versa? (second card)

tag
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Apply for the BCE and wait to apply for CFU or vise versa? (second card)

@M_Smart007 theyre referring to the Amex BCE offer, not Chase. 

C24ABECC-449F-4CB8-B33F-2AA90D496534.jpeg

Message 11 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@KLEXH25, Thanks, I will go make more coffee, before I make more mistakesSmiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 18
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

yea, that may be my plan, go for BCE, and then the CFU later. I heard the BCE has a really good SUB right now, plus they don't report for 2 months, so in that time I could go for the CFU possibly once I hit 1 year 1 mo credit history.

I am stressed about my $15,000 income for the CFU though. Do you think it will hurt me for the BCE? Also, should I wait for 1 year mark credit history with amex, or should I be good to apply now?

Since you're so close to the one year mark, I would wait. It will only help. I think your income should be ok. I've seen lots of low incomes get approved. Even more reason to be conservative and spread out applications, however.

You should also be ok with limits relative to income. Many people exceed 2-3x their income. Of course lenders are tightening up, so YMMV but you only have one $1,500 card right now. I doubt anyone's going to be giving you limits to exceed your income anytime soon. 

Message 13 of 18
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@KLEXH25, Thanks, I will go make more coffee, before I make more mistakesSmiley Very Happy

🤣🤣🤣 Happens to the best of us. Don't forget the cup when you have your coffee. I have done that 😆

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, I'm stressed about waiting, because not that the economy is good right now, but I only expect it to get worse with the second wave, so I feel like right now would be the best time. Who knows what couple happen by next month or 2. I'm at 10mo, I got my first card August 29 I think, so September 29 would be my year mark which who knows what anything could look like. So I'm tempted to just try and go for it in the beginning of August to get the 11mo history, and then go for the CFU at my 1 year mark since my BCE (if I get approved) wouldn't have been reported yet

Message 15 of 18
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea, I'm stressed about waiting, because not that the economy is good right now, but I only expect it to get worse with the second wave, so I feel like right now would be the best time. Who knows what couple happen by next month or 2. I'm at 10mo, I got my first card August 29 I think, so September 29 would be my year mark which who knows what anything could look like. So I'm tempted to just try and go for it in the beginning of August to get the 11mo history, and then go for the CFU at my 1 year mark since my BCE (if I get approved) wouldn't have been reported yet

Yeah, I totally get it. I just moved up my garden date 3 times lol. In two weeks, I think I will go for the BCP. One thing though, even if Amex doesn't report right away, won't Chase still see the hard inquiry? 

Also, your one year mark should on the date or September 1st the latest I think. The one year score boosts should occur August first though (they did for me, on 1st of the month and not the end). 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's true, they'll still see the inquiry. Someone on reddit told me if I wanted to I should apply before my BCE credit card reports. I guess yea, they still see the HP, so not sure what the benefit of doing it before the CC reports.

and ah, okay. But then for that statement wouldn't my FICO update at the end of August? My stuff always updates on the 5th of the month, so would my reports say I hit 1 year on Aug 5 or Sept 5? I got my card on the 28th or so of August I believe 

Message 17 of 18
ccquest
Established Contributor

From my understanding, which could very well be wrong, it seems like most of the CRAs will count it as starting August 1 because they count it from the 1st of whatever month it started.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.