Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply or continue gardening: Jet blue Plus app

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply or continue gardening: Jet blue Plus app

I've been wanting to app the jet blue plus card but I'm a bit apprehensive. Stats:

Discharged Bk7 1st quarter 2017
AAoA 8 years
2 inquiries in last 12 months
No baddies
Capital QS started as 500 secured opened 3rd quarter 2017 and now graduated with a limit of 4k and I revolve 6-9% monthly.
Retail card with 4k limit no balance opened 12/2017
Auto loan. financed 27,xxx and currently owe 20,xxx opened July 2017 plan to pay it off before years end.
Income 90k/yr

General Fico 8:
Equifax 715
TU 705
Exp 711

FICO bank card score 8
EX 730
TU 720
EXP 718

Should I apply the barclays jet blue PLUS card or keep gardening?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apply or continue gardening: Jet blue Plus app

Nah, get Discover, they are better cuz of rewards Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I fly to the Caribbean regularly with jet blue. I already have hella miles and would prefer to build upon my existing miles.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I've been wanting to app the jet blue plus card but I'm a bit apprehensive. Stats:

Discharged Bk7 1st quarter 2017
AAoA 8 years
2 inquiries in last 12 months
No baddies
Capital QS started as 500 secured opened 3rd quarter 2017 and now graduated with a limit of 4k and I revolve 6-9% monthly.
Retail card with 4k limit no balance opened 12/2017
Auto loan. financed 27,xxx and currently owe 20,xxx opened July 2017 plan to pay it off before years end.
Income 90k/yr

General Fico 8:
Equifax 715
TU 705
Exp 711

FICO bank card score 8
EX 730
TU 720
EXP 718

Should I apply the barclays jet blue PLUS card or keep gardening?

Personally, I think you might be good to go. I have seen others approved with Barclay's with lower scores than yours. You've built positive history with two cards, on almost two years worth. Also, you've got some time under your belt since the BK7 discharged. If the card truly suits your needs, I say go for it. If declined, you can try recon and others have had success with Barclay's on recon.  

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ItsPossible

Thank you for the feedback. I'm in a debate with myself because I want 3 total credit cards excluding the retail card. I know I want the JB plus card but to be honest I wont need it until December. I'm wondering if I should just grab the next card in mind (BOA cashback card) with the multiplier that I get for being platinum rewards with them. Perhaps waiting until December and aging my file with the boa card might help my chances later on WITH the jet blue plus card? Thoughts?
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@ItsPossible

Thank you for the feedback. I'm in a debate with myself because I want 3 total credit cards excluding the retail card. I know I want the JB plus card but to be honest I wont need it until December. I'm wondering if I should just grab the next card in mind (BOA cashback card) with the multiplier that I get for being platinum rewards with them. Perhaps waiting until December and aging my file with the boa card might help my chances later on WITH the jet blue plus card? Thoughts?

I have neither a BOA card (IIB) nor a Barclay's card (never had). I'm just going on others' experiences I have read about. But, I'm not so sure that BOA is easier to get into than Barclay's. But, maybe I'm wrong and someone can chime in here.

Here are some recent approvals:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Barclays-JetBlue-Plus-with-Data-Points/m-p/5600568?collapse_discussion=true&filter=location&location=forum-board:App_Approvals&q=barclay&search_type=thread&sort_by=-topicPostDate

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Barclay-Uber-after-3-recon-attempts-finally-an-approval/m-p/5367957?collapse_discussion=true&filter=location&location=forum-board:App_Approvals&q=barclays%20jetblue&search_type=thread&sort_by=-topicPostDate

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/The-trifecta-Citi-Costco-Barclays-Jetblue-Plus-NFCU-Amex/m-p/5361148?collapse_discussion=true&filter=location&location=forum-board:App_Approvals&q=barclays%20BK&search_type=thread&sort_by=-topicPostDate

Just to show some have gotten in with lower scores and chargeoffs. One got in with a BK7, although yours is a little newer than their BK. 

But also, if the BOA cashback card will work in your walllet while you continue to build and strengthen your profile, that could work also. 

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my opinion you seem okay. And it makes sense to get the jet blue card and not something else because you’re already invested in their mileage system with your Caribbean flights. Good luck and keep us posted on what happens!
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I tried and got the 10 day message. Recon time. If anyone has any great reconsideration threads for jet blue plus please post. Otherwise, I'll search.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just saw your message. I don't have any recon threads that I can think of.

But, it could be verification, not a denial. Also, if reconning. Be honest. Tell them why you need the card. Hopefully, it works out in your favor. 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

ItsPossible and company I owe you guys a beer. I've been so hesitant and borderline nervous/anxious about apping JB. After reading your message I called their recon line and got a nice gentleman with the same name as me. He verified my employment, income, and asked why I filed CH7BK. He immediately offered me a 2500 SL which is perfect for me. I'll be able to grow it in time and still comfortably buy plane tickets for my wife and I. You are the real mvp thanks for helping build the confidence to pull the trigger.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.