Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for 2nd Amex?

tag
drboxing
Established Contributor

Re: Applying for 2nd Amex?

My wife 1st applied for the Drlta Gold online, was approved. Then immediately applied for Green Card, screen popped up to call AMEX, she did. The rep had no clue why she was instructed to call and said account was already approved

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have gotten 3 Amex revolvers this year and I only got hard pulled for the 1st one I’ve got. YMMV however.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drboxing wrote:
My wife 1st applied for the Drlta Gold online, was approved. Then immediately applied for Green Card, screen popped up to call AMEX, she did. The rep had no clue why she was instructed to call and said account was already approved

Congrats to your DW approvals!!!

Message 13 of 16
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have gotten 3 Amex revolvers this year and I only got hard pulled for the 1st one I’ve got. YMMV however.

Same here.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 14 of 16
Snipper117
Contributor

Same here this year I've been approved for 3 revolvers after having a charge card only for the past 3 years.  No HP at all however I was pre approved for everyone of them.

10/07/2020 BK7 Discharged Papers Received
10/07/2020 FICO 8 SCORES EXP 586 EQU 610 TU 557
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I just applied for a Amex Delta Gold last week.

I would like to apply for a charge card this week. Will it be another hard pull? What are chances they approve me?

Can someone direct me on what are proper steps?

Experian - 695 , Util - 15% , AAoA - 1.2 years , no derogs

Thanks guys!

First, i would wait and see what happens with the Delta card.    If you app another card in less than 60-90 days after your first card with Amex, it can (and in my case did) result in an HP.  As for PRG, I have had the opposite of most.  I could get reovlvers, but charge was out of the quiestion.  As my history was built up with Amex, i'm now pre-approved all charge cards.   

However, when i apped the BCE/ED same day after being an Amex cust 4-5 months. both were approved with SP.  You can only apply for 2 credit cards every 90 days as well.  Make sure the cards you are getting will honestly benefits you and show pre-approved when you click on the link to apply.  if it says expand your membership, you can just back out if your not willing to risk it. 

Just have to build some history and you should start to get pre-approvals and SP when you do apply.   

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.