cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for Amazon Store Card after having a closed account..

tag
trnj88
New Contributor

Applying for Amazon Store Card after having a closed account..

*Edit: Mod, can you please move this to the Applications board? Hit the wrong tab. Thanks.

I used to have an Amazon Store Card (I don't believe Synchrony was the bank at that time?). Long story short, I missed two separate payments, only by about a week due to financial issues, and my account was closed for "excessive late payments".

It's been closed and the balance PIF for maybe two years now. What would be my chances of apping again? Does anyone know if they have a blacklist? I'm still a little surprised my card was closed for only two ~7-day late payments, but hey it was my mistake.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for Amazon Store Card after having a closed account..

Honestly, I closed my account a while back (Hardly ever used it.) and I recently applied and was instantly declined. The reason was "Previous application approved." So, they're tough getting back in. From my experience Synchrony bank is not very forgiving.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both my parents have burned them on a couple accounts recently which are still unpaid. Dad owes JcP and was approved for Care Credit $1k SL. Mom owes JcP also (seperate from dad) for two accounts and was later approved for ToysRUs $400 SL. All charge offs are reporting on Trans for both of them at time of apps.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to wait a year to get another card and that goes for positive accounts
Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@trnj88 wrote:

*Edit: Mod, can you please move this to the Applications board? Hit the wrong tab. Thanks.

I used to have an Amazon Store Card (I don't believe Synchrony was the bank at that time?). Long story short, I missed two separate payments, only by about a week due to financial issues, and my account was closed for "excessive late payments".

It's been closed and the balance PIF for maybe two years now. What would be my chances of apping again? Does anyone know if they have a blacklist? I'm still a little surprised my card was closed for only two ~7-day late payments, but hey it was my mistake.

Thanks.

I will move it for you. A faster way as a mod or a CL may not see every thread is to use the report inappropriate content button from the options pull down menu in the upper right hand corner of the post and just ask that it be moved as you posted in the wrong area, no harm no foul.

Message 5 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@fordguy  "You have to wait a year to get another card and that goes for positive accounts "

This statement is partially correct, If you have a Walmart SC and close it yourself, there is a one year wait to get that card again. However, on storecards where a bankcard is also available, you can still apply for the MC / Visa  product (As per a chat I had with a CSR when I closed my Banana Republic card )

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 8
trnj88
New Contributor

Cool thanks all. For those who have tried and gotten messages like, "Denied, application previously approved", was there a HP done? Or did that denial come before the hard pull was even conducted (i.e. based just off the SSN, etc.)?

Thinking of pulling the trigger but don't want to waste a HP for an immediate decline just based on having previously had an AZSC.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the old account wasn't even Synch would it matter? I'd try given it wasn't Synch and that it was 2 yrs ago. Might be good data point if you can afford the HP.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.