Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for Barclays Rewards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for Barclays Rewards?

hi all,

So i burned barclay about 6 years ago. Since then i have been working on my credit and improving my score. I tried to apply for the barclays rewards mastercard a few months back and was denied, they didnt even pull my credit report. The denial letter mentioned my old account with them as being the reason for them saying no. Is it ok to apply every now and then since they seem to not pull my credit report, and they no longer have the prequalify tool for me to check. My transunion recently went up again to 630 and i am wondering if they have forgiven me yet.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for Barclays Rewards?

Is it ok to apply every now and then since they seem to not pull my credit report,

No harm in doing so, as long as every now and then isn't like every week. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Id like to lnow what results u get.  I burnt Juniper / Barkleys almost 7 years

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 13
creditguy
Valued Contributor

As long as there is no HP you have nothing to lose, but no one knows for sure when or if they'll ever forgive it's a ymmv type of thing. There's better cards out there anyway so no loss if they don't forgive you.
Message 4 of 13
pc01user
Frequent Contributor

I too burned Barclays for 2 juniper mastercards 6 years ago and I could not get

an approval.  Well something has changed because they preapproved me for

$1000 at the Sears checkout.  So there is hope.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless you paid your old balance with them in full, I would not apply with them randomly. It is likely going to get denied as their system shows you owe them money from old accounts. Were they included in a BK? And even paying in full wont guarentee you get back in! Some of these CC have a long memory.

Message 6 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

hi all,

So i burned barclay about 6 years ago. Since then i have been working on my credit and improving my score. I tried to apply for the barclays rewards mastercard a few months back and was denied, they didnt even pull my credit report. The denial letter mentioned my old account with them as being the reason for them saying no. Is it ok to apply every now and then since they seem to not pull my credit report, and they no longer have the prequalify tool for me to check. My transunion recently went up again to 630 and i am wondering if they have forgiven me yet.

I don't think you should assume there won't be HP's... there will be.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very True

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1

Message 9 of 13
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Citi does Sears, not Barclays

@pc01user wrote:

I too burned Barclays for 2 juniper mastercards 6 years ago and I could not get

an approval.  Well something has changed because they preapproved me for

$1000 at the Sears checkout.  So there is hope.

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.