Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for Paypal Credit after Paypal Cashback MC approval

tag
Paranoid
Contributor

Applying for Paypal Credit after Paypal Cashback MC approval

Two days ago I applied for Paypal Cashback Mastercard and was approved. It was a Transunion hard pull (by the way, after downloading the detailed Transunion report, I could see that Synchrony also made a request to Chex at the same time). After logging to Paypal website, I also see an invitation to apply for PayPal Credit. Doubts are gnawing, because I don’t really want to spend another Hard Pull. Could someone tell, please, is there any chance that Synchrony would use a two-day-old Hard Pull or it will be definitely a new one?

BoA CR (2), CITI DC, Chase FF, AmEx BCE, Disc It, UMB SR, USB C+, CO WMT, Synch TJX, TD TGT, CITI CC, Elan MCP, Synch PPMC, Synch PPC
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Applying for Paypal Credit after Paypal Cashback MC approval

@Paranoid wrote:

Two days ago I applied for Paypal Cashback Mastercard and was approved. It was a Transunion hard pull (by the way, after downloading the detailed Transunion report, I could see that Synchrony also made a request to Chex at the same time). After logging to Paypal website, I also see an invitation to apply for PayPal Credit. Doubts are gnawing, because I don’t really want to spend another Hard Pull. Could someone tell, please, is there any chance that Synchrony would use a two-day-old Hard Pull or will it be a definitely a new one?

Hi, I would be Paranoid toSmiley Very Happy

Synchrony will NOT re-use the Hard Pull.

"definitely a new one"

Oh, and congrats  on your PPMC Approval!

Message 2 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the PPMC! Yes it will be another HP. I got the PP credit 1 yr after the MC. Came in handy when I got new tires for the crossover for $1000. Showed some use on it. Interest free. We know how Sync can be.

Message 3 of 4
Paranoid
Contributor

Thank you!

BoA CR (2), CITI DC, Chase FF, AmEx BCE, Disc It, UMB SR, USB C+, CO WMT, Synch TJX, TD TGT, CITI CC, Elan MCP, Synch PPMC, Synch PPC
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.