Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for a new Card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for a new Card.

Hey guys.

Currently thinking about applying for the Venture Card so I can get the 75k miles bonus. 

My current combined total limit is $27500, however on my most recent credit report is $15900, which was my prev total limit. 

Should I wait until the $27k is reflected on the report, or I can just do it now. Mainly to get a higher limit on the new card. 

Thank you.

740 EQ

742 TU

730 EX

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Applying for a new Card.

More info would be helpful -

AAoA?
Inq's?
Etc.
Based on that - from what I see, scores look good, doing it before or after it updates is up to you. I don't think it would make much of a difference.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xaximus wrote:
More info would be helpful -

AAoA?
Inq's?
Etc.
Based on that - from what I see, scores look good, doing it before or after it updates is up to you. I don't think it would make much of a difference.

I think AAoA is 10 months., oldest 1yr 3 mo.

Inq EQ 2, TU2, EX 5

utilization less than 1%.

payment 100%

Message 3 of 8
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

What's the age of your youngest account? How many cards have you added in the last six months? And what are your current limits?

Because the Venture has a minimum 5k starting limit, I'd wait until your new limits report.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

What's the age of your youngest account? How many cards have you added in the last six months? And what are your current limits?

Because the Venture has a minimum 5k starting limit, I'd wait until your new limits report.

Applied and declined lol. Never mind.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied and declined lol. Never mind.

Looks like too soon. Sorry. I know the feeling.

Message 6 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys.

Currently thinking about applying for the Venture Card so I can get the 75k miles bonus. 

My current combined total limit is $27500, however on my most recent credit report is $15900, which was my prev total limit. 

Should I wait until the $27k is reflected on the report, or I can just do it now. Mainly to get a higher limit on the new card. 

Thank you.

740 EQ

742 TU

730 EX

A little late now, but you did ask.  Personally, and as mentioned further upthread, I would've waited since you would've had more favorable results down the road instead of pulling the trigger today.   But, what's done is done 👍

Message 7 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sorry you were denied Op. Use this as a lesson learned to have a bit more patience. I certainly get the itchy finger feeling, but you want to make sure you have everything lined up first, for a better shot of approval.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.