Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for new Capital One card after a product change

tag
LADave
Established Contributor

Applying for new Capital One card after a product change

Apologies if this question has already been asked and answered elsewhere in this forum, I haven't been able to find an answer here or elsewhere. Does Capital One have rules about applying for a new card within a certain period of time after getting a product change on a different card?

I initiated a product change from a C1 Platinum to a Quicksilver card back on August 27, 2021, after getting an automatic CLI earlier that month. With a recent increase in my scores, I'm looking at the possibility of applying for a Venture X or Venture card this month, particularly since it looks like the Venture X bonus of 100,000 points is going to be reduced soon.

Is it likely (or even possible) that C1 use the relatively recent product change as a reason to decline my application for either the Venture X or Venture?

I appreciate any feedback about this. Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Applying for new Capital One card after a product change

Cap1's rules are 6 months between opening a card and 6 months between approved CLIs. I'm not aware of any rule in regards to PCs.

Message 2 of 3
SouthernCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Applying for new Capital One card after a product change

PC shouldn't have an affect on a new app. But use their pre-approval tool to see where you stand. I would never cold app for Cap1 again after they burnt me several years ago. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.