Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying to Apple-SP on Chex, not HP

tag
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Applying to Apple-SP on Chex, not HP

I've seen it posted by a few folks that GS pulls your Chex report when you apply for the Apple Card, so be careful applying frequently in hopes of a better offer if you're planning on opening a new checking account in the near future. Well, pulled my Chex this morning to find out that it is a SP, just like their TU pull. The verbiage suggests the same difference in a Chex HP/SP as the big 3 use. Just thought I'd pass the info on.

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 7.35.03 AM.png

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Applying to Apple-SP on Chex, not HP

Thank you for sharing the information.
Message 2 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

At least it is not a HP!

Message 3 of 7
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

I ordered a ChexSystems report because I wanted to see what was on my report that denied me opening saving accounts with some credit unions.  It was the inquries.  But, to my surprise, I also saw an Apple/GS soft pull on my ChexSystems too.  Not that it mattered much at this point, but thought "huh?"

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPLE CARD UTILIZING CHEXSYSTEMS FOR APPLICATIONS??

I receive my CHEXSYSTEMS report every few years to review. I recently had been applying for the Apple Card. To my surprise,

I had SP's of my Chex report every time from Goldman Sachs. Not sure what they are looking for but never seen a CC company

utilize Chex for an application. This normal from them?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: APPLE CARD UTILIZING CHEXSYSTEMS FOR APPLICATIONS??

Yes, they indirectly mention it on their application page: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209218 

"

• Your checking account was closed by a bank (for example, due to repeatedly spending more than your available account balance).

"

Message 6 of 7
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Re: APPLE CARD UTILIZING CHEXSYSTEMS FOR APPLICATIONS??

Definitely correct. At least it's a SP so no harm there. They also pull CoreLogic each time you app as well. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.