Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved For a Card I Don't Want.

tag
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Re: Approved For a Card I Don't Want.

@Anonymous wrote:

In my quest for a balance transfer card this evening, I applied for a Capital One Savor card. I was rewarded with a 1k SL which is useless to me. I then applied for an Elan Platinum Visa and was approved for a $9,500 limit which more than covers the amount I was looking to transfer. The Savor card is no good to me at all. Is there any way that I can cancel the card before it hits my credit report or am I stuck with it?

Thanks! 

IMO.....When applying for a card make sure it benefits you.   If you need a BT make sure there is something else about the card you like.  Maybe it has a 0% on purchases for a year, cash back in a catagory you use, travel perks, etc.   There are lots of BT cards out there and you may not get the SL you are looking for, so look for multiple reasons when you app not just one. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes the Savor is a World Elite Mastercard.  The minimum SL for that type of card is $2,000.  

The Venture card is a Visa Signature, the minimum SL for those is $5,000. 

I'm not sure about the SavorOne card or the VentureOne.  Can anyone chip in?  I'm assuming it's World Mastercard and Visa Platinum? 

Message 12 of 14
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

Could be worse I was pre approved for the savor applied took 3 HPs and was denied

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 13 of 14
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure about the SavorOne card or the VentureOne.  Can anyone chip in?  I'm assuming it's World Mastercard and Visa Platinum? 

The SavorOne is a WEMC. My understanding is the VentureOne is a VS, but I don't have one and cannot confirm (the linked article is 15 months old).

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.