Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for AmEx Platinum but not the Gold

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for AmEx Platinum but not the Gold

Lol, you guys are hardcore! 😁😁 This thread was highly entertaining.
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me. I actually learned the hard way that Amex will immediately withdraw funds from your bank as if you are making a debit card payment. In  other words, they withdraw their money for payments the same day, per their website "Payments must be received by 8:00p.m. MST to be credited on the same day." I made a payment later in the night, almost 10 pm Eastern and didn't think anything of it. The next day I realized the payment was attempted by AMEX the night before and I had not bothered to make my bank deposit..... so it was returned. I did explain to them that I was just a newbie and all and will never do it again. They kindly refunded my returned payment fee ($27) days later but they never forgot. I received the same message you got after I applied for another card months later.

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever apply again? If so, how long did you wait if you were approved eventually?
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

no, I haven't applied again. I'll wait until next year. Good luck to you. 

Message 24 of 25
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OP
A returned payment for any CCC is synonymous with a death blow.

I think you can forget about another AmX card or a CLI for a minimum of 12 mos.

Just my 2 cents.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.