Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

I feel really good. I'm as tickled as the beautiful colors emanating from Apple/GS logo.

So finally, the Apple card populated in my wallet; and no, I did not get an email. I just checked my wallet and it was there.

I had already noted in an earlier post that I wanted to see a SL of at least $20K in order to temp me. (Honestly, I purposely put the SL high because I really do want to stay in the garden until April 2020.)

Well I did It! I clickied "No Thanks" to the SL of $7.5K. Now what surprised me was the 12.99% APR offered because so many others had been getting an APR of 17.99 - 23.99% with high scores. My score--790.

I did it! I stuck to my guns. I turned a CC down cold. It's a darn good feeling to reject a CC approval.

EDIT: Finally got the photo to upload.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 1 of 205
204 REPLIES 204
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rejoicing! Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

Congrats on getting approved, and sticking to your goals
Message 2 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your will is strong! 

yoda.jpg

Message 3 of 205
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on getting approved, and sticking to your goals

Thanks AnimalHouse121

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 205
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Your will is strong! 

yoda.jpg

That's because it was for $7.5K. I'm almost certain a $20K SL would have had me sitting on the edge of my seat. Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 205
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Kudos!  

(but you made the wrong choice!    I kid,  I kid.  )

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 6 of 205
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice going! Any rejection of an Apple product is a win for the little guys in my bookSmiley Wink I wont take any approvsl unless its $500, my new mottoSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 205
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Nice going! Any rejection of an Apple product is a win for the little guys in my bookSmiley Wink I wont take any approvsl unless its $500, my new mottoSmiley Happy

Thanks averagejoescredit. Okay, I’m holding you to that ‘cause you know Saeren said she was holding out too. 😂🤣😂🤣. Just having fun Saeren 😁

Message 8 of 205
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@BallBounces wrote:

Kudos!  

(but you made the wrong choice!    I kid,  I kid.  )

😂🤣. Maybe Apple/GS will come back on their own with a better offer 😆

Message 9 of 205
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

Maybe the decline will enrage the computer lol. "WHAT?! A decline on the apple card?!" But-but- did we mention its metal?! I wonder if pink and grey will have the same fortitude
Affinity Cash Rewards: 15,000
Amex BCP: 30,000
Amex Platinum
BCU Cash Rewards: 18,000
Discover it: 14,700
TJX Mastercard: 2,500
Venmo: 10,000
>>23k student loan-payed off
Ficos 8's ~790
Inq: EX:1 EQ:1 TU:1
Message 10 of 205
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.