Did you mean: 

Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

tag
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Rejoicing! Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

@CreditInspired wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I feel so bad for @JR_TX Smiley Sad He's that kid at the candy store waiting his chance to buy a Wonka Bar only to find out all the rich kids baught the last of themSmiley Wink

I do too.😢 He wanted that invite so bad too.  But the good thing is it wasnt a HP. Thats what makes you crazy.

And JR_TX, you can apply again since it’s only a SP to find out. 

That would be great! 

If I can just get them to send me the invite I’ve been waiting for like a little lost puppy trying to come home. Lol

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 41 of 205
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Rejoicing! Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

I feel really good. I'm as tickled as the beautiful colors emanating from Apple/GS logo.

So finally, the Apple card populated in my wallet; and no, I did not get an email. I just checked my wallet and it was there.

I had already noted in an earlier post that I wanted to see a SL of at least $20K in order to temp me. (Honestly, I purposely put the SL high because I really do want to stay in the garden until April 2020.)

Well I did It! I clickied "No Thanks" to the SL of $7.5K. Now what surprised me was the 12.99% APR offered because so many others had been getting an APR of 17.99 - 23.99% with high scores. My score--790.

I did it! I stuck to my guns. I turned a CC down cold. It's a darn good feeling to reject a CC approval.

EDIT: Finally got the photo to upload.

Apple4.png

@CreditInspired wrote:

I feel really good. I'm as tickled as the beautiful colors emanating from Apple/GS logo.

So finally, the Apple card populated in my wallet; and no, I did not get an email. I just checked my wallet and it was there.

I had already noted in an earlier post that I wanted to see a SL of at least $20K in order to temp me. (Honestly, I purposely put the SL high because I really do want to stay in the garden until April 2020.)

Well I did It! I clickied "No Thanks" to the SL of $7.5K. Now what surprised me was the 12.99% APR offered because so many others had been getting an APR of 17.99 - 23.99% with high scores. My score--790.

I did it! I stuck to my guns. I turned a CC down cold. It's a darn good feeling to reject a CC approval.

EDIT: Finally got the photo to upload.

Apple4.png

Smiley Surprised

Ooooo you used Leo!

I am telling @Anonymous!

smiley-laughing021.gif

@Saeren Don’t tell @VoltronM!

I miss Leo so much that will do for now! Lol

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 42 of 205
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Apple Card Approved - Declined Offer

My invitation came yesterday, finally. I went through app and was approved for $2500 @ 19.79%.  After my initial excitement, I became disppointed due to all of the approvals I have read here.  I went through the documentation links and was shocked at the FICO score they were using. They used a score of 671 dated 8/12/19. This didn't and still does not match any of TU scores provided by myFICO (I am a subscriber). I understand myFICO can be a day old, but I have had no new alerts today. So I have no idea what score they are using, but I suspect it is either Fico9 or Fico9 Bankcard.

More importantly, the offer does not appear to be take it or leave it. Just checked and it is still there for me. I am going to stay in the garden a while longer, or at least until some DP's on CLIs become available.

edit: currently tu fico 8 715, fico 9 683, fico9 bankcard 690

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 43 of 205
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card Approved - Declined Offer

Congrats! Just try again after a month or whenever your profile improves to merit a much better offer from them. It’s only SP (at least for now) so it doesn’t hurt.
And yes they use TU FICO 9 with a combination of Chex or CoreLogic or both.

Message 44 of 205
RotaryP7
Valued Member

Yes, the great thing about the Apple Card is the SP. I wish more credit card companies did this. So I'd try again in a month or 2 if I were you and see what offer you'd get instead. I hope they do keep the SP option, I'd like to try in the next coming months myself.

Chase Freedom Unlimited $1K | Chase Freedom Flex $500 | Capital One Quicksilver $3.3K | Capital One SavorOne $1K | Discover IT $9K | AMEX BCE $1K | Apple Card $1.5K | AMEX ED $1K
Current FICO 8: EQ: 691 TU: 692 EX: 691
Message 45 of 205
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

I was just shocked at the low SL. I have seen several higher limits with higher rates. This was the lowest rate, aside from introductory, I have been offered. I have many new accounts with low utilization. I was expecting them to entice me from the garden. They only affirmed the garden is where I belong.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 46 of 205
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Aside from the Apple CC, weren't the results for 2 of your recent BB&T Bright and Spectrum approvals that you accepted with similar SLs? What stands out with this one?
Message 47 of 205
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Aside from the Apple CC, weren't the results for 2 of your recent BB&T Bright and Spectrum approvals that you accepted with similar SLs? What stands out with this one?

The both had 0% offers, one being a BT card specifically. They also both dropped my score a decent amount.  I really don't need a new card, but was excited about some of the limits I have seen.

Message 48 of 205
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry Mike. Sort of like seeing all the 25k Navy limits. Obviously everyone wsnts those but then reality steps in when you realize you wont get 25k if you dont MAKE 25k lol. But we gotta dreamSmiley Wink
Message 49 of 205
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Disco Fever!Disco Fever!

Message 50 of 205
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.