Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Re: No thanks Apple

I don’t disagree AJC, if it were a more useful card I wouldn’t worry about the SL as much. That said, it’s not that great a card and now isn’t the time for me to get another card anyway.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 61 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Card

Just for sh*ts and giggles, I did a mock soft pull application for the Apple card.

Their offer to me was for $6000  APR 23.99%

I didn't accept the offer.  The limit was "ok" but I had hoped for a little higher.

The credit score they showed me was 731. I'd have to go look at my report but I'm going to assume that was an Equifax Fico 9 as my experian Fico 8 is 670 and  fico 9 is higher 600's maybe 690 ish. 

Also I'm holding out for Chase Sapphire and I'm 4/24.  I had a charge off with chase slate card in Jan 2011 for $757 and have recently talked to them about getting back in with them and have recently opened up a checking account with them and am dumping money into it.

Message 62 of 205
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card

Congrats with the offer no matter How timid it was! There’s a lot of MFers that got low-balled as well. Oh and they use TU FICO 9 as you can find on the PDF terms at the very bottom.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 63 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card

I did see TU after the fact. Well, it's kind of funny because 731 isn't my TU Fico 09 score. It's 728. Not sure where they got that number. And I have my updated scores. oh well.   Smiley Happy

Message 64 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No thanks Apple

I turned down 6k at 23.99% because I just approved Citi AA last month. I don’t want another another HP on TU. 

Message 65 of 205
Berk
Established Contributor

Re: Rejoicing! Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

@CreditInspired wrote:

I feel really good. I'm as tickled as the beautiful colors emanating from Apple/GS logo.

So finally, the Apple card populated in my wallet; and no, I did not get an email. I just checked my wallet and it was there.

I had already noted in an earlier post that I wanted to see a SL of at least $20K in order to temp me. (Honestly, I purposely put the SL high because I really do want to stay in the garden until April 2020.)

Well I did It! I clickied "No Thanks" to the SL of $7.5K. Now what surprised me was the 12.99% APR offered because so many others had been getting an APR of 17.99 - 23.99% with high scores. My score--790.

I did it! I stuck to my guns. I turned a CC down cold. It's a darn good feeling to reject a CC approval.

EDIT: Finally got the photo to upload.

Apple4.png

Sadly, I don't have your willpower. I took the offer with a measly 6.5K starting limit.

Message 66 of 205
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Rejoicing! Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

@Berk wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

I feel really good. I'm as tickled as the beautiful colors emanating from Apple/GS logo.

So finally, the Apple card populated in my wallet; and no, I did not get an email. I just checked my wallet and it was there.

I had already noted in an earlier post that I wanted to see a SL of at least $20K in order to temp me. (Honestly, I purposely put the SL high because I really do want to stay in the garden until April 2020.)

Well I did It! I clickied "No Thanks" to the SL of $7.5K. Now what surprised me was the 12.99% APR offered because so many others had been getting an APR of 17.99 - 23.99% with high scores. My score--790.

I did it! I stuck to my guns. I turned a CC down cold. It's a darn good feeling to reject a CC approval.

EDIT: Finally got the photo to upload.

Apple4.png

Sadly, I don't have your willpower. I took the offer with a measly 6.5K starting limit.

It's okay. $6.5K is a great SL. I'm just greedy!Smiley Very Happy

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 67 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crapple Approval CL

I was approved for a $8,500 limit 17.99% APR and declined the offer.

My income is $120,000, my FICO scores are between 812-822 and I'm an Apple share holder.

Message 68 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Crapple Approval CL

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for a $8,500 limit 17.99% APR and declined the offer. Good for you

my FICO scores are between 812-822 scores don't determine a CL

I'm an Apple share holder. doesn't factor into an approval or limit

My income is $120,000, but what's your UTIL look like? mortgage? car?  if your payments are high on installment and revolving debt it could be a reason. 

I've gotten similar approvals with other banks recently...ok 1 w/ Propel @ 7500 but a coulpe of others like BBT 10.5Kx2. I took them for the cash for spend offers and then throw them in a drawer as they're not really long term contenders compared to other cards I have in rotation.

Message 69 of 205
wonderboynj

Re: 3% cash back Apple Card now more to come

I had something interesting happen.

Last Monday (8/12) I app'd for the card and got an approval of $10k at 17.99, I did not accept as I was closing on a mortgage on Tuesday.

This morning my roommate who has better credit than I (and on the mortgage with me), applied for the card wand was denied.

I went in to try applying again and was denied.  Nothing has changed on my report and my TU is 740 (per Fico).  Mortgage is not reporting yet.

Message 70 of 205
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.