cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card Approval - Told Them Thanks Anyway...

@EW800 wrote:
I wasn’t planning on applying for the Apple Card, however seeing that it is just a SP for the application, I decided to give it a try to see what my SL and rate would be. With my 850 FICO 8 and 9 scores, and income more than $120K, I was very curious.

Approved for $10K, 12.99%. I declined the offer. While I know that $10K is not bad and a lot of people would kill for that, I decided that it just wasn’t worth the HP and resetting my AoYA. The $10K would have been one of my lowest limits and the benefits just don’t excite me.

Have many others been accepted and told them “thanks anyway”?

Wow. I almost think that the interest rate was worth it even if the SL wasn't. I'm sure it would've grown 6 months from now. I wish I got your interest rate though haha.

Message 81 of 205
SarahJo
Established Contributor

@EW800 wrote:
I wasn’t planning on applying for the Apple Card, however seeing that it is just a SP for the application, I decided to give it a try to see what my SL and rate would be. With my 850 FICO 8 and 9 scores, and income more than $120K, I was very curious.

Approved for $10K, 12.99%. I declined the offer. While I know that $10K is not bad and a lot of people would kill for that, I decided that it just wasn’t worth the HP and resetting my AoYA. The $10K would have been one of my lowest limits and the benefits just don’t excite me.

Have many others been accepted and told them “thanks anyway”?

I did the same...the SP allowed me to satisfy my curiosity as well ;-)  Approved at $7500 with 17.99%, "thanks but no thanks," and back to the garden!

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 82 of 205
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Totally understand why you didn't accept, and glad you are in a position to be very precise about what you choose to use for credit.  Based on other data pulls I've seen, and I apologize to the poster for forgetting his/her name right now, but a good post previously provided the estimated analysis that:

The Apple card approvals were close in relation to income aka: $10k if earning $100k, $20k if earning $200k, and $30k if earning $300k.

If in fact there is truth to that madness, which there does seem to be based on approvals, your approval offer fell pretty much in-line with the income provided.  I agree, your profile and score are worthy of much much more, but it does seem consistent.  Congrats on not accepting what you weren't happy with though, love seeing the self control and knowledge of one's own portfolio.

Message 83 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Following..

Message 84 of 205
DCnDC
Contributor

I also declined my offer of $10,000 at 12.99%. TU score pulled was 844, income just shy of $100k. I did individual income since I didn’t see language about household income.
FICO 8 (as of 8/23/2019) | EX: 823 | TU: 824 | EQ: 831
Inquiries (Total) | EX: 1 | TU: 1 | EQ: 1
Inquiries (Less than 1 year) | EX: 0 | TU: 0 | EQ: 0

Bank Americard Mastercard $90,000 | PenFed Promise Visa $39,000 | Citi Simplicity Mastercard $26,500 | NFCU More Rewards Amex $25,000 | Macy's $25,000 | Synchrony Home (Mohawk) $25,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa $24,300 | Citi Costco Visa $15,300 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PenFed Gold Visa $11,000 | Discover It $10,000 | Citi Diamond Preferred Visa $9,500 | Kohl's $3,000

Message 85 of 205
swpopham
Established Contributor

wife had 20k at 17.99% we declined also

me: denied unable to verify info with the drivers license scan.

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 86 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3% cash back Apple Card now more to come

@wonderboynj wrote:

I had something interesting happen.

Last Monday (8/12) I app'd for the card and got an approval of $10k at 17.99, I did not accept as I was closing on a mortgage on Tuesday.

This morning my roommate who has better credit than I (and on the mortgage with me), applied for the card wand was denied.

I went in to try applying again and was denied.  Nothing has changed on my report and my TU is 740 (per Fico).  Mortgage is not reporting yet.

This is very interesting case!

Message 87 of 205
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rejoicing! Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

I haven't been on MyFico in a while and saw the Apple Card news.  I'd been in the garden but was tempted by all the shiny.  Got the same SL with the same TU score...790.  I didn't get 12.99%, got 17.99%.  Said, "nope" and I'm okay with sitting back in the garden for now.

Message 88 of 205
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Well I have poor credit, got $250 SL but 12.99 APR

Scores at about 665 for TU and EQ

Message 89 of 205
GetMeSlick
Established Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

I feel really good. I'm as tickled as the beautiful colors emanating from Apple/GS logo.

So finally, the Apple card populated in my wallet; and no, I did not get an email. I just checked my wallet and it was there.

I had already noted in an earlier post that I wanted to see a SL of at least $20K in order to temp me. (Honestly, I purposely put the SL high because I really do want to stay in the garden until April 2020.)

Well I did It! I clickied "No Thanks" to the SL of $7.5K. Now what surprised me was the 12.99% APR offered because so many others had been getting an APR of 17.99 - 23.99% with high scores. My score--790.

I did it! I stuck to my guns. I turned a CC down cold. It's a darn good feeling to reject a CC approval.

EDIT: Finally got the photo to upload.

Apple4.png

Bravo OP. It feeels really gooood Smiley LOL

1/6/2023 FICO TU-840|EX - 838|EQ -840
Total Credit - $470K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 840
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since Sep/2021
Message 90 of 205
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.