Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple Card applying

I did take out a loan , so that might’ve been the issue !/:
Message 161 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple approval with great SL and awful APR

Thinking I'd get on the Apple Pay bandwagon I apped last night. Approved SL of $20k but an APR of 23.8%. That's the worst they offer. They pulled a TU 784, 1% utilization, $303k income. Perfectly clean report with AAofA 4 yrs. I think I'll pass but does anyone know if you let the offer expire if the terms will always be the same?

Message 162 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple approval with great SL and awful APR

Congrats on the approval, nice SL but that APR no bueno.

Message 163 of 205
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Wasn't an approval just a check on terms.. Appears OP didnt accept yet so moved thread to applications for the time being.

Message 164 of 205
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thinking I'd get on the Apple Pay bandwagon I apped last night. Approved SL of $20k but an APR of 23.8%. That's the worst they offer. They pulled a TU 784, 1% utilization, $303k income. Perfectly clean report with AAofA 4 yrs. I think I'll pass but does anyone know if you let the offer expire if the terms will always be the same?

Obviously every profile is different but I have passed on the offers and tried again in the last couple of months. I have received a few different terms.

Message 165 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the offer. Sorry to hear about the apr. I’ve seen where people get different offers the second go around. I think the offer is good for 30 days?
Message 166 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only APR I care about is 0%. 

To me, the APR is like the price of a Snickers  in a hotel minibar. I'm not going to avoid a Hilton because they charge $1.00 more than the $7 the nearby Marriott does. I'm not buying either one's overpriced candy.

Message 167 of 205
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just an honest question here, would you carry a balance with $303K of Income?

Message 168 of 205
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the SL even though the Apr is awful.
They want to make sure you can slap all their new devices on it I think
Message 169 of 205
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Congratulations -

1 - When I looked into what happens if you decline an offer, what I read is that you don't get a bonus or a penalty for it. They will give you whatever offer their formula spits out at that time.

2 - That said, I don't really see how your profile is likely to improve much in the near future.

3 - I think Apple only has about three APR possibilities. The one you got is the highest of the three.

4 - Do you want a low APR just to feel good about it, or do you actually intend to carry a balance and pay interest on this card? If the former, maybe it doesn't really matter?

JMO. Good luck!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 170 of 205
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.