Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Apple Card and Turned It Down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple card

Applied and got an approval but didn't accept at the time. 3 days later I decided to accept and went to reapply and now says "You have applied a number of times so we cannot verify the information you have provided at this time"
Someone with similar issue? any suggestions?
Message 121 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple card

Probably need to wait 30 days for the current app to expire and then try again.  Other option might be to call them and see if you can accept it over the phone.

Message 122 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Things have changed a bit since the launch. Originally they advertised that the soft pull approval was good for a certain time (30 days iirc). But also they were lettting people apply as often as they wanted to, which they have since stopped as you witnessed. The consequence of that is, if you dont accept the offer and hit "no thanks" then if you change your mind its a brand new app which now there is a cooling off period.

If someone is unsure, and want some time to decide don't hit "no thanks". Then you approval will just sit in the app for you to accept at a later date.

Message 123 of 205
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Things have changed a bit since the launch. Originally they advertised that the soft pull approval was good for a certain time (30 days iirc). But also they were lettting people apply as often as they wanted to, which they have since stopped as you witnessed. The consequence of that is, if you dont accept the offer and hit "no thanks" then if you change your mind its a brand new app which now there is a cooling off period.

If someone is unsure, and want some time to decide don't hit "no thanks". Then you approval will just sit in the app for you to accept at a later date.

That's good to know, @Anonymous. Thanks. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 124 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

Customer service told me that I had to wait 30 days to apply again..
Message 125 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Customer service told me that I had to wait 30 days to apply again..

Sounds familiar Smiley Wink

Message 126 of 205
Anonymous
Not applicable

😃👍
Message 127 of 205
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Apple Card Pre-Approval

Just a data point. The app has not been working for me online since it has started, Apple could never verify me. After reading about some recent changes, I applied again and Apple finally asked me for my ID. They never asked me for my DL before today and I have try at least 15 times. After entering the info, I was pre-approved with a $4,000 CL and 23.74% APR.

TU FICO 8 - 688

Income - Mid 100k

I declined it as I am 3/24 and didn't want to use a slot at this time. If it was a 5k timeline, I would consider it, a 10k, probably would have grabbed it as my highest CLs right now is $2000 & $1900.

No HP was done as I declined the terms.

Message 128 of 205
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Apple Card Pre-Approval

@randomguy1 wrote:

Just a data point. The app has not been working for me online since it has started, Apple could never verify me. After reading about some recent changes, I applied again and Apple finally asked me for my ID. They never asked me for my DL before today and I have try at least 15 times. After entering the info, I was pre-approved with a $4,000 CL and 23.74% APR.

TU FICO 8 - 688

Income - Mid 100k

I declined it as I am 3/24 and didn't want to use a slot at this time. If it was a 5k timeline, I would consider it, a 10k, probably would have grabbed it as my highest CLs right now is $2000 & $1900.

Sorry you did not get what you expected but if SL is an issue...they were doubling your highest limit

It's not easy jumping from $2000 to $10,000, so if that's your expectation,  be prepared for sore disappointment 

Message 129 of 205
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Card Pre-Approval

@Remedios wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

TU FICO 8 - 688

Income - Mid 100k

Sorry you did not get what you expected but if SL is an issue...they were doubling your highest limit

It's not easy jumping from $2000 to $10,000, so if that's your expectation,  be prepared for sore disappointment 

Understood and that is a great point. $5000 is probably more realistic. I'm just trying to line up an easier approval for a CSP/CSR down the road. The Apple Card is not one I'm particularly targeting right now, I was just seeing what I could be qualified for. Smiley Happy

Message 130 of 205
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.