cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Apple Card but should I wait?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Apple Card but should I wait?

So I've decided to go for the Chase cards and skip the Apple card for now. Should I wait until I can EE my CO in case they do a double pull and pull my TU? Or just go for it now?

Message 11 of 28
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice! I didn't know they had their own version of a SCT. I cold-apped on the iPhone, and got a $500 SL. It's kind of a wash: happy that I got approved, but disappointed in the SL. Oh well, it's still a cool card to throw around when you're out shopping or with friends. I agree with others here, that you should try Chase and hold-off on the Apple Card; especially if you're close to 5/24. CSP 80K SUB offer ends 11/7. If you're #TeamPoints (instead of #TeamCashBack), the value of CSP points can be worth up to 1.25 with transfer partners. Either way we look forward to your updated post on Apple Card or a Chase product.

Congratulations on your 🍎 approval!

Message 12 of 28
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Were you approved for the Apple card with a hard pull and then followed up telling them to cancel the card, or was this just a preapproval based upon a soft pull which you chose to decline without finalizing the application (which would have triggered a HP)?

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion it was a pre approval with a soft pull, didn't finalize this application.

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous congrats on your approval! Yeah, I've decided to app for the chase cards and forgo the Apple Card for now Smiley Happy

@Brian_Earl_Spilner pretty sure it's a soft pull until you accept the offer? Don't see a HP on my crs 

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most people report that Chase exclusively pulls EX, (Mod cut- not here please). Also check this link , as it might depend in which state you currently live: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/knowledge-base/which-credit-bureau-does-chase-pull/ 

It's a tough call. Truth be told, all bets are off. I cold apped [on my iPhone ]last night for a CSP with even lower scores. No BK, but a few baddies on my EX with 6/24. Miraculously I was approved with a fantastic SL, however, it might have something to do with the fact that I am a Chase banking customer. No pre-approvals or pre-quals. You can check my story here: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Approved-for-CSP-over-5-24-My-largest-SL-80K-.... IMO the Chase Freedom Flex World MC or Chase Amazon VISA should be much easier to get than the CSP, but I'll leave that there for others to debate. Sending you all the positive vibes, if you apply!

Message 16 of 28
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous congrats on your approval! Yeah, I've decided to app for the chase cards and forgo the Apple Card for now Smiley Happy

@Brian_Earl_Spilner pretty sure it's a soft pull until you accept the offer? Don't see a HP on my crs 

You only take a HP if you accept the offer, which authorizes them to take the HP and finalize the approval. 

One thing to note is that the amount of time it can take for the usual monitors to detect and alert on a TU (or EQ HP) varies.  Sometimes it triggers an immediate notification but sometimes it can take up to a day.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 17 of 28
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@AnonymousI would pull the trigger. The CO is pretty old. You should be fine!

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 50K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K
@ 1.74
Message 18 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went ahead and applied for the chase Amazon card and got this:

"Thank you for applying.
Unfortunately, your application for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa card could not be approved by Chase

Chase will notify you in writing about the decision in 30 days. Thank you for applying."

is this denial?

Message 19 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Well went ahead and applied for the chase Amazon card and got this:

"Thank you for applying.
Unfortunately, your application for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa card could not be approved by Chase

Chase will notify you in writing about the decision in 30 days. Thank you for applying."

is this denial?

It definitely appears to be.  If you were to call the automated system, and if it yields a 7-10 message, it's more than likely a denial.   Interesting that the language has been updated to reflect an instantaneous decision if declined.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.