Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for BOA Cash Rewards Denied for BOA Travel Rewards - Call BOA or Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for BOA Cash Rewards Denied for BOA Travel Rewards - Call BOA or Recon

Hi guys 

Moved to the US a couple of months back. Applied and got a Capital One Secured Card at the end of August $200 credit limit with $49 deposit. I should not have a FICO score as my credit file is less than 6 months. I do have a vantage score of 640 to 658 depending on which app I use. The plan was always to get 3 credit cards and maybe a SSL or credit builder loan once I start my new job. Then wait a year or so and get a chase and then an amex card.

I am starting my job in a couple of days and was checking my BOA app and it told me I am pre-selected fot both the BOA Cash rewards Card and BOA travel rewards card. Tried the Cash Rewards Card first and got approved instantly for $1000 . Got a little excited so I applied for the Travel Rewards one afterwards. Got denied. 

Just wondering if its possible to call the Recon Line and get them to recon the other card and say that they can split the balance. Will that work or should I let the issue go. Also is me saying that I am interested in the travel rewards a good enough reason for a recon.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for BOA Cash Rewards Denied for BOA Travel Rewards - Call BOA or Recon

Also just wondering if I recon and the analyst checks my file and realizes I dont have a FICO score can they reject my already approved card?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for BOA Cash Rewards Denied for BOA Travel Rewards - Call BOA or Recon

Its unlikely Bank of America would approve a second card; the $1,000 starting limit indicates it was a very marginal approval in the first place.

I'm also curious why you'd want both a 1-2-3 Cash Rewards card and a travel card that issues points instead of cash.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply

Planning to travel for a couple of weeks in December and a month in March of next year so was looking for a card which doesnt have Foreign transaction fees bascially. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update. Tried recon they said no dice. BOA will only issue you one card. Tried to shift balance they said no again. Oh well. 

Saw a pre qualified offer on wifes BOA app. Tried the Travel card. She got approved instantly so getting added as an authroized user. This is her first credit card. She has no credit file apart from being an AU on my capital one card. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.