cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Capital One Venture X but....

tag
overseas

Approved for Capital One Venture X but....

I was approved for the Venture X with a $30k CL in July.  I had applied for 4 cards within the prior 6-7 months.  This was my first CapOne card.

However, I spend 95% of my time outside the US and was using a Google Voice cell phone number.  I received the physical card at my US address and wasn't able to activate the card as they couldn't establish my identity and I figured it would be difficult to use a VoIP number when calling them.  I decided to cancel the card.

Now, the credit card appeared on my Equifax credit report as a new account (both opened and closed within the same month - "Account closed at consumer's request").  I suppose this will have an effect on my 5/24 status.  Any other negative effects from this entry?  Is it possible to have it removed?  Capital One also did hard pulls with TransUnion and Experian but the new account hasn't posted on those credit reports yet.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SDMarik
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for Capital One Venture X but....

That will stay on your report for 10 years as an account, other than that it should not have any real impact on your score.

As far as the 5/24, I assume it would trigger that, yes. However, it might be a situation that can be resolved with a call to Chase recon if you are not approved.

The only way to have it removed would be for Capital one to remove it, and seeing as what is being reflected on your file is accurate, that is not going to happen.

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 2 of 4
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

The new account will impact your Chase 5/24 calculations.  5/24 only cares about the account being opened,  a subsequent closing of the account doesn't change that.

You can always ask Capital One to remove the tradeline in its entirety but that's effectively going to be a Hail Mary pass as there was a valid application made and approved.   It's possible that an analyst might ask for the back story in the future if another application goes to a manual review and it may factor into their decision-making process but this isn't an inherent derog.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 4
overseas

Thanks. I did apply for another Chase card in August (approved) before the CapOne entry posted. So I guess I'm at 6/24. I'll probably just wait a good 6 months before I apply for anything else (like the Citi Premier). 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.