cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Cap 1 pre-approvals legit?

ACN323
Regular Contributor

Re: Are Cap 1 pre-approvals legit?

@Anonymalous I was literally just browsing Amex and looking at the BCE, but got the "expanding your membership with us"  response. When I applied for my Gold it said "you're pre-approved." So I'm hesitant. Might look into a local credit union as well. I don't know, I'm all over the place lol. 

Started at 490 in Dec.18’'
EX8 697 EQ 691 TU 685

Discover IT $1.7k
Amex Delta Gold $1k
Apple Card $2k
Amex Green NPSL
Message 11 of 15
Coffeelover2020
Established Member

I would say they are pretty on point. I burned Capital one in 2019 from a BK. I had the QS Rewards/Venture with high limits on them. I got a new car loan with capital one just after the BK discharge- applied for a QS then and approved. I have had other cards with good limits since then. I saw recently had pre-approval with Capital one offers. I checked it out I saw the Savor one was recommended. I applied and was instantly approved with a 5k starting limit. I think if you have a good history with them- and decent scores (all mine with 690/706/700) you should be fine with that pre-approval. 

Message 12 of 15
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

@CreditPacMan wrote:

@ACN323 wrote:

@CreditPacManso great to hear! Congrats!

No, my highest limit is my Disco with 1.7k but that's my card I started my rebuild with. They literally just gave me a CLI for $700 a year after the card graduated. I mean my Amex Gold has allowed me to throw a few thousand on it in a billing cycle, but that's not a revolver. I'm kind of stuck with the 1k-1.5k limits, which I want to avoid in the future. 

Do you mind me asking, what SL you were approved for? Do you have any baddies? 

For the Savor?

I was approved for $5k. This seems to be the limit Cap1 likes to hand out for high end cards. I will put some spend on it and request a CLI in 90 days.

I don't have any baddies, just been paying off a huge credit card debt for the past a year and half. 

That's been my experience.

After a year, CapOne increase my limit from 5K to 5.5K.  

I called them up and said I prefer the round number -- keep the $500 CLI.

I mostly use my TD Cash and CFU now - Disc it in Q3, tho' the new Citi Custom Cash may change things.

Still, only the S1 & TDCash are good for travel.

2022 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take)
EQ8177 INQ (3 CC, 2 mort, car, CU loan)
EX8037 INQ (5 CC, 2 mort)
TU8293 INQ (1 CC, 2 mort)
5/24< 1%AAoA 6.9y (and plummeting) | AoYA 0m | AoOA 22.7y
[ Last INQ 14-Oct-2021 ]
Message 13 of 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@ACN323 wrote:

@Anonymalous I was literally just browsing Amex and looking at the BCE, but got the "expanding your membership with us"  response. When I applied for my Gold it said "you're pre-approved." So I'm hesitant. Might look into a local credit union as well. I don't know, I'm all over the place lol. 

My second and third Amex both said expand my membership.

Message 14 of 15
ACN323
Regular Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner 

Good to know! I almost pulled the trigger on the BCE but it said I would not be eligibile for sign up bonus and 0% apr promotion, so I didn't end up submitting the application. It said no hard pull was done. I actually just downgraded my Amex Gold to the Green yesterday as well, so Amex will probably not be willing to give me much for awhile since it was done before the first year was complete.

I think I'm going to just cool the jets and focus on my current cards. I appreciate all of the info everyone gave and its good to know for future applications! 

Started at 490 in Dec.18’'
EX8 697 EQ 691 TU 685

Discover IT $1.7k
Amex Delta Gold $1k
Apple Card $2k
Amex Green NPSL
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.