cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there Cards with Approval Process Similar to Apple Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there Cards with Approval Process Similar to Apple Card?

I was just wondering if there are any other cards out there that have a similar approval process with Apple Card where you are preapproved with a SP and then HPed after acceptance.

If you know of any, I would appreciate any helpful info like which CB is pulled upon acceptance. Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Are there Cards with Approval Process Similar to Apple Card?

Just a couple that I can think of (where a potential SL is provided) are Regions Bank (must be a customer and in their lending area), and BBVA.  Sometimes there are instances where Chase and AmEx have been known to yield a pre-approved SL on targeted profiles.

PenFed (if you're an established member) and based on quarterly pre-approved offers.

Message 2 of 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

BB&T even within the last year was at least in some instances issuing cards only based upon a SP if you were within their geofence, there were a number of threads here detailing successes.  I don't however remember reading of any since the merger was finalized and rebranding as Truist was completed. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 7
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

As you are a current Amex card holder, I'm pretty sure they do soft pulls for any new accounts you might open. Not as good as Apple card, but still nice. No hard pull if denied. And you get a new account that can grow otherwise.

Edit: I can't see if that's a business card or not. Not sure if Business account means no pull personal approvals.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit12Fico wrote:

As you are a current Amex card holder, I'm pretty sure they do soft pulls for any new accounts you might open. Not as good as Apple card, but still nice. No hard pull if denied. And you get a new account that can grow otherwise.

Edit: I can't see if that's a business card or not. Not sure if Business account means no pull personal approvals.

Yes, I do have an Amex Business Gold Card and it does not attract a HP if you already have an existing account with Amex.

Message 5 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@coldfusion wrote:

BB&T even within the last year was at least in some instances issuing cards only based upon a SP if you were within their geofence, there were a number of threads here detailing successes.  I don't however remember reading of any since the merger was finalized and rebranding as Truist was completed. 

The BB&T pre-qualifier tool still works under the BB&T CC platform, which is still a plus for anyone trying to score CC products before the full merger process decommissions the tool.  The only thing that it doesn't do, is provide the potential SL which is what I think @Anonymous is looking for, unless it's just the SP pre-qualification they're interested in.

Message 6 of 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Credit12Fico wrote:

As you are a current Amex card holder, I'm pretty sure they do soft pulls for any new accounts you might open. Not as good as Apple card, but still nice.

That is a bogus claim that still gets repeated on this site and there are multiple members here including myself who personally experienced otherwise.   While the odds are that for any given application by an existing cardholder there will only be a soft pull, taking a HP on EX is not rare.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.