Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ashley Furniture/Best Buy Store Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ashley Furniture/Best Buy Store Card

I'm FINALLY closing on a home next week on the 4th. At the beginning of this year, I was in the 560 range across the board. After some great insight on this site, I've recovered some and am for F8: 

EQ-679

TU-685

EX-685

Once we close next week, I am interested in applying for the Ashley Store Card at the least and the Best Buy store card. Are these scores acceptable? I've got 3 mortgage inquiries from February, May, June and September. No other ones for any type of financing. Two charge offs paid to 0. My DW has impeccable scores. Above 800 but my income is higher and wanted to be approved for the highest limit possible. Any feedback on either of these cards would be greatly appreciated! 

10 REPLIES 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ashley Furniture/Best Buy Store Card

Congrats on the new home and on your commendable score improvements.

Before you apply, just make sure your loan is funded and you have the keys to the house.  As far as the scores you've provided, they seem to be acceptable as far as approvals go.  What we don't know is your AAoA, utilization (if any), what other types of CCs/loans you have, etc.

Ashley Home is through Synchrony Bank, so they'll likely pull TransUnion -- depending on the financed amount (unless they use a different provider such as Great American Finance, for example). Best Buy is through Citi Retail so they will most likely pull Equifax. 

Message 2 of 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats and Good Luck with your new Home. Wishing you all the best.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar  My revolvers are: 

1% of $200

0% of $10,400

9% of $7,000 

I do have a Synchrony Charge Off that has been paid down to $0 from over a year ago but it is only showing on my Equifax report, not the others. Thanks for any help. 

Message 4 of 11
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🎉🎊🎈 on your new home.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 5 of 11
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Hey great job on your rebuild and congrats on your new home! Your scores look good for approval for both those cards citi likes to see not a lot of inquiries so that's good and Synchrony well they a weird bunch. I would also like to tell you most creditors allow you to include your spouse's income if your over 21. I know best buy allows this. Synchrony I dont know.

>
Goal Cards:
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new home. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that feedback @Rudy1  The inquiries bother me but they are all mortgage inquiries. 

They do pull my F8 right? Not one of the CC scores? 

Message 8 of 11
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Synchrony pulls VS4. Citi pulls fico.

>
Goal Cards:
Message 9 of 11
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the new home.  My scores are lower than yours and I'm in the process of discharging my chapter 13, I was able to get a BB store card with a $2K limit back in May.  

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.