Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked for CLIs for Discover IT, BofA Tavel and Cap1 Quicksilver

tag
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

Asked for CLIs for Discover IT, BofA Tavel and Cap1 Quicksilver

Discover I just paid off last month after having 15K on it and paying it off over the year. They said they weren't able to do it "at this time." 

Cap1 gave me the 3-5 days in the mail thing. 

BofA said the same as Cap1. 

I went with all the companies that do soft pulls.

So we'll see. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Asked for CLIs for Discover IT, BofA Tavel and Cap1 Quicksilver

What was your last CLI with each company?
- Has it been atleast 3 months for BoA?
- 6 months for Cap1?
- Discover marches to their own beat so they can be every month or they can be every few months, either way, when was their last increase?

Also - did your scores update to reflect the 15k has been paid off? Any baddies? Current UTI?

There can be many reasons why FIs may decline CLIs, it could be from any baddies to possible low CL usage to max threshold is already met based on FI and/or income, or who knows.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 7
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

What was your last CLI with each company?

With Discover, almost two years.

BofA, never.

Cap1, last Sept. or Oct. 

Discover marches to their own beat so they can be every month or they can be every few months, either way, when was their last increase?

I signed in today and got a 2K increase. 

Also - did your scores update to reflect the 15k has been paid off? Any baddies? Current UTI?

My last update was 4.5K left on it to the card, but that was last month, so hopefully it updated to zero. No baddies and current UTI should be 1%, but most credit cards show a month old update. My MyFico kicks back in on the 15th, so I'll for sure know then. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 3 of 7
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Keep in mind it is not unusual for a bank to use an old report for granting CLIs.  When you get your denial letters, check the report dates. They might just have been using old reports.  Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 7
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Keep in mind it is not unusual for a bank to use an old report for granting CLIs.  When you get your denial letters, check the report dates. They might just have been using old reports.  Good luck

Cap1 said that there's not enough use on the card to okay the increase. I only wanted a $430 increase to take my total to an even number, lol. 

Still waiting to hear back from BofA. 

Message 5 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

With BoA, if the CL doesn't change on your online account within ~72 hours, then it's usually a decline, unfortunately.
Message 6 of 7
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
With BoA, if the CL doesn't change on your online account within ~72 hours, then it's usually a decline, unfortunately.

So true. I was checking online. Definitely denied, lol. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.