cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aspiration Zero/Beneficial State Bank credit score pull lower by nearly 100 points

tag
Xarquinn
New Contributor

Aspiration Zero/Beneficial State Bank credit score pull lower by nearly 100 points

Applied on December 3 and recieved an instant denial.  10 days later recieve an email with this explanation: "Credit score below minimum requirement of 700".  They pulled EX and listed a score of 670 in the denial letter.  I have no idea what version was used as it was not included in the denial letter.  My Fico 8 from the EX website is 764.  I know my vantage scores are much lower than FICO most likely due to utilization which is around 30%.

Starting Score: Low 500's (BK Ch7 Discharged 3/2010) Back in with almost all of the creditors that I burned.
Current Scores: 760 - 800 (BK dropped off Nov 2019)
Alliant CU Visa 10k; Merrick Bank 0.4k (keeping for age); Lowes 25k; Target MC 13k; Capital One 8k; PayPal 10k; Total Rewards (Comenity) 25k; Amex BCP 38k; Discover 28k; PenFed 15k, Chase Amazon 20k; FNBO 28k; Citibank 30k; BlockFi 15k; X1 33k. Local Credit Union HELCO: 97k. Utilization around 30% incl HELCO
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Aspiration Zero/Beneficial State Bank credit score pull lower by nearly 100 points

Maybe bankcard FICO 8. But 94 point difference doesnt make sense which 8 was used. Maybe combined with internal score.

Message 2 of 7
Xarquinn
New Contributor

Re: Aspiration Zero/Beneficial State Bank credit score pull lower by nearly 100 points

The score I pulled from Experian is definitally Fico 8 (non banckard or auto).  Very Strange.  Here is a cut % paste from the rejection letter:

Our credit decision was based in whole or in part on information obtained in a report from the consumer
reporting agency listed below. You have a right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to know the information
contained in your credit file at the consumer reporting agency. The reporting agency played no part in our
decision and is unable to supply specific reasons why we have denied credit to you. You also have a right to a
free copy of your report from the reporting agency if you request it no later than 60 days after you receive this
notice. In addition, if you find that any information contained in the report you receive is inaccurate or
incomplete, you have the right to dispute the matter with the reporting agency:
EXPERIAN
701 EXPERIAN PARKWAY P.O. BOX 2002 Allen, TX 75013
1(888) 397-3742
www.experian.com/reportaccess

We also obtained your credit score from the consumer reporting agency and used it in making our credit decision. Your
credit score is a number that reflects the information in your consumer report. Your credit score can change, depending on
how the information in your consumer report changes.
Applicant’s Credit Score: 670
Date: 12/05/2022
Score ranges from a low of 300 to a high score of 850

Starting Score: Low 500's (BK Ch7 Discharged 3/2010) Back in with almost all of the creditors that I burned.
Alliant CU Visa 10k; Merrick Bank 0.4k (keeping for age); Lowes 25k; Target MC 13k; Capital One 8k; PayPal 10k; Total Rewards (Comenity) 25k; Amex BCP 38k; Discover 28k; PenFed 15k, Chase Amazon 20k; FNBO 28k; Citibank 30k; BlockFi 15k; X1 33k. Local Credit Union HELCO: 97k. Utilization around 30% incl HELCO
Message 3 of 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Xarquinn wrote:

The score I pulled from Experian is definitally Fico 8 (non banckard or auto).  Very Strange.  Here is a cut % paste from the rejection letter:

Our credit decision was based in whole or in part on information obtained in a report from the consumer
reporting agency listed below. You have a right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act to know the information
contained in your credit file at the consumer reporting agency. The reporting agency played no part in our
decision and is unable to supply specific reasons why we have denied credit to you. You also have a right to a
free copy of your report from the reporting agency if you request it no later than 60 days after you receive this
notice. In addition, if you find that any information contained in the report you receive is inaccurate or
incomplete, you have the right to dispute the matter with the reporting agency:
EXPERIAN
701 EXPERIAN PARKWAY P.O. BOX 2002 Allen, TX 75013
1(888) 397-3742
www.experian.com/reportaccess

We also obtained your credit score from the consumer reporting agency and used it in making our credit decision. Your
credit score is a number that reflects the information in your consumer report. Your credit score can change, depending on
how the information in your consumer report changes.
Applicant’s Credit Score: 670
Date: 12/05/2022
Score ranges from a low of 300 to a high score of 850

I think @FireMedic1 was saying the score *they* pulled could possibly have been a bankcard or auto score. Or maybe a mortgage score.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

This may answer the question [here]

See Message #4

Message 5 of 7
Xarquinn
New Contributor

Ahhh, that explains it.  Thanks for finding it.  I dont know what me EX Vantage score is, but my EQ Vantage 3 is about 70 points lower than my FICO. 

Message 6 of 7
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Vantage... completely useless score producing equally useless results. Unreal. Sorry to hear that @Xarquinn 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.