Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aspiring to Aspire

tag
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Aspiring to Aspire

Hoping to get some advice to plan a path for timing an application for the Hilton Aspire card.

The gist is I'm hoping to do some quality travel with the chief (wifey) beginning this summer about June/July. Looking at the DP's in my sig you'll see I'm heavy on INQ's after a December spree. If I was able to get the Aspire say in late June/early July, I could both utilize the card for immediate international travel (hoping to annually stay at a specific Hilton in Mexico City) and I could meet the SUB minimum spend via my son's college tuition in August.

Would this likely be sufficient time for my INQ's to mature and increase my chances of getting this card with a decent SL?

Bonus question: I'd like to 3x CLI my BCP card as well, any particular timing you'd recommend in conjunction with the Aspire application also in mind? Don't want to pull the trigger on a 90-day request if it would hinder my ability to be approved for the Aspire.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Aspiring to Aspire

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

Hoping to get some advice to plan a path for timing an application for the Hilton Aspire card.

The gist is I'm hoping to do some quality travel with the chief (wifey) beginning this summer about June/July. Looking at the DP's in my sig you'll see I'm heavy on INQ's after a December spree. If I was able to get the Aspire say in late June/early July, I could both utilize the card for immediate international travel (hoping to annually stay at a specific Hilton in Mexico City) and I could meet the SUB minimum spend via my son's college tuition in August.

Would this likely be sufficient time for my INQ's to mature and increase my chances of getting this card with a decent SL?

Bonus question: I'd like to 3x CLI my BCP card as well, any particular timing you'd recommend in conjunction with the Aspire application also in mind? Don't want to pull the trigger on a 90-day request if it would hinder my ability to be approved for the Aspire.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Looking at everything in your siggy, Limits of current cards and scores.

I'd say you have a welcoming profile for Amex. in June/July.

3x CLI will not interfere with the Aspire Approval down the road. IMHO

And when you do get a second Amex, you can move CL around if needed (No HP).

Message 2 of 17
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Thanks for your input! That makes me feel hopeful. Do you think I might escape with a SP on the Aspire app given that is 6 months or so away?

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

Thanks for your input! That makes me feel hopeful. Do you think I might escape with a SP on the Aspire app given that is 6 months or so away?

Additional Amex card are most likely SP, but not guarantee.

Message 4 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

Additional Amex card are most likely SP, but not guarantee.

+1

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would monitor the Amex website for preapproval on the Aspire. Definitely a helpful data point to aid you on your journey. Given your limits and profile I'd imagine you might even be close to that already. But letting those age a bit will help for sure. By June you should be good to go.

Best of luck!
Message 6 of 17
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I would monitor the Amex website for preapproval on the Aspire. Definitely a helpful data point to aid you on your journey. Given your limits and profile I'd imagine you might even be close to that already. But letting those age a bit will help for sure. By June you should be good to go.

Thanks, will do, I'll definitely keep an eye out for a pre. Appreciate the feedback!

Message 7 of 17
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Why not now? it's sp and huge sign up bonus right now.

Message 9 of 17
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Why not now? it's sp and huge sign up bonus right now.

I suppose I could go for it, but would my current INQ's be a deterrent? The 7 under EX are all in December.  My spree kind of petered out with my BCP and Disco It being my last opened accounts with lower than normal SL's.

I could make the minimum spend for the SUB since I could squeeze a couple remaining tuition payments through...hmmm

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.