cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BA which is better mail offer or online recommended offer ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BA which is better mail offer or online recommended offer ?

I know some say mail offers may not mean anything , but it seems like it would be a little more likely . My question , is there any difference between an offer given on the Banks website , the one where you enter your info and they give you an offer , or one you receive in the mail . To be specific , I have a mail offer from Bank of America , the BankAmerica Cash Rewards Visa , When I go online and enter my info , last 4 of SS etc . I get other offers , and if you app over the phone they give you an app code # for that offer . I like the lower interest card , but am wondering if one may be more likely to give a higher credit limit , and which may be a more solid offer .

Anyone know who BA pulls in California ?

As always , thanks in advance !

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Re: BA which is better mail offer or online recommended offer ?

@Anonymous wrote:

I know some say mail offers may not mean anything , but it seems like it would be a little more likely . My question , is there any difference between an offer given on the Banks website , the one where you enter your info and they give you an offer , or one you receive in the mail . To be specific , I have a mail offer from Bank of America , the BankAmerica Cash Rewards Visa , When I go online and enter my info , last 4 of SS etc . I get other offers , and if you app over the phone they give you an app code # for that offer . I like the lower interest card , but am wondering if one may be more likely to give a higher credit limit , and which may be a more solid offer .

Online is not reliable at all. Enter spongebob as your name and enter 4 random numbers as the social, you'll see the same offers. Don't know about mail offers since I've never gotten one from them.

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input ! I just read that if it has a fixed interest rate the offer should be pretty solid . My mail offer has a fixed rate . The online offer is not fixed shows 11-22% so these may be some good indicators .

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

BofA normally pulls Experian for a new card application and Transunion for a CLI. Does your mail offer say "Invitation to Apply" or "Preselected Offer?"

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.