Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BANANA REPUBLIC CARD

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: BANANA REPUBLIC CARD

Wow, thats crazy that an Ex 706 doesnt get a BR card. Something is weird and i wonder if Sync has finally fallen of their rocker. She should be able to get approved for a Wally mastercard at 756 TU, but with that weird denial on BR, i guess anything is possible, ymmv as always. Best of luck to dsSmiley Happy
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BANANA REPUBLIC CARD UPDATE

Yes, the associate told her that her application wasn't approved and she would be receiving a letter in the mail within 7-10 days explaining why. When she noticed they pulled EX and not TU, she knew wh y-she had too many inquiries on EX in the month of June. With the BR inquiry, she now has 10. :-( She feels like it was a wasted inquiry. However, I don't think so because now the information can be relayed to others and it could be useful to someone else. One's misfortune can help the next person not make the same mistake. So I shared this experience in hopes of that. 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...WalMart was a big fat NO and they pulled TU AND EX...She got the "Call in to complete your app" message at the register...I got the same message and got approved over the phone. Well, not the case for her...The rep re-processed the app after comfirming the info and noticing that the "W" in her street address was left off. So she got double pulled-2 for ONE COMPANY...So she's super pissed and needless to say, she's in the garden and hasn't even planted anything yet! :-( TU=756 EXP=706. SMH...

Message 13 of 18
jim44
Established Contributor

Wow.... as others have stated there is something else at play here.  My Synchrony store cards all started with GE... except for Walmart and I recieved a preapproval in the mail. That was 4 years post BK.  I did notice that for each store card, CLIs and approvals may differ.  I was thinking of the BR card about 2 years ago(?).. their application online asked if the applicant had filed BK.  Seemed very strange question to me for a Synchrony SC.  Not so now. 

Sorry about her bad fortune, hopefully both cards will give her a true answer for her denial and not a "robo" denial reason.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jim she's so frustrated now that she doesn't want to apply for anything else. I was afraid that this would happen. When I tried to get her to apply when everything was good, she wouldn't. Now it seems like everyone has tightened up and she's getting denied left and right. I bet she gets denied for having too many inquiries...Why inquiries even matter, I don't know. It's like, as long as the score supports it, why worry about it? People have kids to cosign for, spouses, etc. So me wanting to make sure my kids start off right is wrong? My husband wanting to cosign for me a car, as well as open some more lines is wrong? The credit world has really changed after 2008...It's sad that you can't even get a card with a 756 credit score-a WALMART one at that! SMH!

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

what did her letters say the reason(s) was for the denials? also, how much income did she put down? maybe it wasn't enough based on her current debt? i'm thinking of applying for the banana republic credit card this weekend during their friends and family event (50% + 20% if approved). hopefully i get approved as i have lower scores than her (low 700s).

Message 16 of 18
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

You can't really rely on Sync pulling TU it depends on the card and where u live i'm use this example If i was to app Ebates it will be a EX pull for me. But Sync pulls TU right lol.

Message 17 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is locked as a very old thread.  If you would like to continue this conversation please feel free to create a new thread.  Thanks.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.