Did you mean: 

BARCLAYS BANK HAS A LONG MEMORY!

tag
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Re: BARCLAYS BANK HAS A LONG MEMORY!

@taxi818 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

If they pulled your CR, I am not sure you would have been approved if those scores in your siggy are accurate.  Lenders do blacklist and they can have long or short memories depending on the amount of the loss, if it was ever paid or their own internal policies.

in this case, a bk would not have been paid back and all things considered it might be best to leave this lender alone.  

+1 just wondering how much did you burn them for?

It was somewhat of a stretch, so I take it as a good thing they didn't pull my credit and honestly I would have thought twice if I had realized that I had burned them back when I did my BK March of 2005 for A WHOPPING $250.00!  Scores now going up quite nicely now that I have got aggressive with getting back on track, so as long as I stay away from them I believe I will be good to go in the not so distant future!

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 11 of 19
stengiz
Regular Contributor

what barclays product did you apply for? that was the reason they gave me when i applied for their arrival card. i already had a rewards card with them when i applied for the arrival. i guess rewards card is a lower tiered product then their arrival card. as you said they haven't pulled my credit report either

last app July 13 2016
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@robertkinder wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

If they pulled your CR, I am not sure you would have been approved if those scores in your siggy are accurate.  Lenders do blacklist and they can have long or short memories depending on the amount of the loss, if it was ever paid or their own internal policies.

in this case, a bk would not have been paid back and all things considered it might be best to leave this lender alone.  

It was somewhat of a stretch, so I take it as a good thing they didn't pull my credit and honestly I would have thought twice if I had realized that I had burned them back when I did my BK March of 2005 for A WHOPPING $250.00!  Scores now going up quite nicely now that I have got aggressive with getting back on track, so as long as I stay away from them I believe I will be good to go in the not so distant future!

Definitely a stretch. Maybe try paring off some of those store cards (Especially the sub-sub prime), before your next attempt. 

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get rid of that Credit One and Fingerslut.

Message 14 of 19
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Get rid of that Credit One and Fingerslut.

I don't use them and will get rid of the Credit One in the 11th month.  The $1,1000 that I have on the FH comes in handy for my util.  

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 15 of 19
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@robertkinder wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Definitely a stretch. Maybe try paring off some of those store cards (Especially the sub-sub prime), before your next attempt. 

As far as getting rid of my store cards (esp. the sub-sub prime) I like the ones that you see and DON'T consider Wal-mart, Kohls, Amazon and Macy's to be as such.  Fingerhut, yes, but that $1,100 credit line stays at $0 and helps with Util.  

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@robertkinder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@robertkinder wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

As far as getting rid of my store cards (esp. the sub-sub prime) I like the ones that you see and DON'T consider Wal-mart, Kohls, Amazon and Macy's to be as such.  Fingerhut, yes, but that $1,100 credit line stays at $0 and helps with Util.  

You do see the point though right? Crazy though that they would bring up an account from the Juniper days.

Best to let things cool down here and give em a shot when your BK falls off or even a year from now.

Message 17 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have a paid chargeoff from Barclay and was able to get a rewards card 1 year after payment.  I recently applied for Hawaiin Airlines card at 6 months from my Rewards card and was instantly denied with no credit pull for past chargeoff with Barclay... Not sure how that works in the system that I received 1 card but received a no pull on another card for past bad history.

but your scores are to low in my opinion to apply for them anyway, you will just end up with a rebuilder at best... if your scores were higher I would say just call backdoor and they will manual pull and process and the past baddie with them would probably not even be mentioned, they will only care about current.

Message 18 of 19
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I have a paid chargeoff from Barclay and was able to get a rewards card 1 year after payment.  I recently applied for Hawaiin Airlines card at 6 months from my Rewards card and was instantly denied with no credit pull for past chargeoff with Barclay... Not sure how that works in the system that I received 1 card but received a no pull on another card for past bad history.

but your scores are to low in my opinion to apply for them anyway, you will just end up with a rebuilder at best... if your scores were higher I would say just call backdoor and they will manual pull and process and the past baddie with them would probably not even be mentioned, they will only care about current.

I agree, I will wait (try to) and not app anymore for the next 3-6 month and let my score continue to grow. I fully expect based on current trending that I will be over 650 within the next 90 days, so patience is needed!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.