Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Soft Pull Application

tag
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

BB&T Soft Pull Application

I got a soft pull approval last year and don't remember the process.  Once you receive your pre approval, and select "Accept your offer," do you see your approved credit limit prior to actually accepting the card? So similar to Apple, can you decide not to take it if you're not happy with the limit or once you see the limit you've accepted a new account? Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Re: BB&T Soft Pull Application

@Tito1183 wrote:

I got a soft pull approval last year and don't remember the process.  Once you receive your pre approval, and select "Accept your offer," do you see your approved credit limit prior to actually accepting the card? So similar to Apple, can you decide not to take it if you're not happy with the limit or once you see the limit you've accepted a new account? Thanks!

If I recall correctly, you don't see the CL before the approval, but I think you do see the APR. Here is an old one I took a pic of earlier this year.

temp.JPG

Potential Future Cards
Message 2 of 12
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

Yes I saw that, thanks.

Do you recall if once you see that screen, it routes you to input ALL your info again? Want to make sure I'm not walking into a cold app hard pull when I have the offers. I know a hard pull is always a possibility. 

Message 3 of 12
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Tito1183 wrote:

Yes I saw that, thanks.

Do you recall if once you see that screen, it routes you to input ALL your info again? Want to make sure I'm not walking into a cold app hard pull when I have the offers. I know a hard pull is always a possibility. 

I am going to let someone else answer this. Not because I don't want to answer Smiley Very Happy , but if you look up my name and BB&T and do a search on the forums, you'll read of all my difficult escapades as it pertains to BB&T and the pre-q. What I went thru is definitely not the norm. Smiley LOL Going to tag @GApeachy and see if she can help 

Potential Future Cards
Message 4 of 12
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Wavester64  lol, you did ride the rollercoaster didn't ya.  But hey, you landed it....that's all that counts. 

@Tito1183 As far as hp vs. sp, the normal "thing" to happen with the BB&T prequal is that once you receive the offers you immediately accept one card which then takes you to the application page.  From there you will fill out all your info. that's on your Equifax report (key- input exactly as it is on your Equifax credit report ie. address- current) from there you'll answer some trick questions, could have to do with you or a close relative and then you'll upload (sometimes) your driver's license # and such.  Then you'll get your answer and it should not come at the price of a hard pull.  DP's suggest the app via prequal/immediate app is how it's done.  I've done it 4 times.  All sp's.

My advice to you is:

1. pull your Equifax credit report via Credit Karma (addresses, employment, etc) and have it on hand during the app.

2. do not back out of the app and later return and expect it to be a sp.  That's where it can get tricky.

3. prequal and apply at the same time.  Don't delay expecting it to return only not to see it  and cold app; you'll get a hp.  A previous prequal will not protect you from a hp via cold app.

Good Luck, let us know if we can help further and/or if you went for it.Smiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 12
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Tito1183 wrote:

Once you receive your pre approval, and select "Accept your offer," do you see your approved credit limit prior to actually accepting the card? 

No, you do not.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 12
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

Thank you!

Message 7 of 12
growthadvocate
Contributor

Great info, thanks for sharing @GApeachy 

Do you know if this is still the process in 2021?  Are they still using Equifax, or now using TU since the merger with Suntrust?  I'm considering pulling the trigger myself...when app'ing for multiple cards with them, is it advised to do the same day...or wait--what's the suggested timeline?

Thanks in advance!

Message 8 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@growthadvocate wrote:

Great info, thanks for sharing @GApeachy 

Do you know if this is still the process in 2021?  Are they still using Equifax, or now using TU since the merger with Suntrust?  I'm considering pulling the trigger myself...when app'ing for multiple cards with them, is it advised to do the same day...or wait--what's the suggested timeline?

Thanks in advance!

They are still keeping things separate (or business as usual) until their products as a combined [Truist] entity are consolidated.  So, if you follow @GApeachy's steps as outlined above during the pre-qualification process, it should go as expected.

As far as doing 2 products at once, not sure.  This could trigger a fraud or verification flag (some folks reported some processing issues in the past), but maybe GApeachy (or others who have tried this fairly recently) can provide you with some feedback.

Message 9 of 12
growthadvocate
Contributor

Thoughts @GApeachy ?

I know that you mentioned having multiple accounts--what's the best sequence of applications if objective is to get more than 1 card?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.