Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T and PO Boxes

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

BB&T and PO Boxes

Seems as though BB&T hates PO Boxes for applications. That is what I have on my credit reports for my address though. What is their issue? Anyone get around this. My PO Box is in Atlanta (their service area).

Thanks any feedback!

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BB&T and PO Boxes

I don't think it's exclusive to BBT, others also don't like PO boxes.

Workaround would be a UPS mailbox, as that counts as a real address more than a PO. It also allows you to receive mail and packages from other delivery services

Message 2 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

PO Box alot of people dont like are ripe for fraud in my honest opinion

Message 3 of 6
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Many lenders require physical address on app, with PO Box added later.

Message 4 of 6
soccer21

Do a change of address from your PO Box to your home address. Fill out app with your home address and your mailing address as your PO and you will be good, once you received card used your PO as your address.

Do not dispute change with CRA

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Echoing the above responses, you would need to provide a physical address OP.  This is pretty standard with the Patriot Act.  As long as both addresses reflect on your CRs it should be no issue going forward.  And, as mentioned above, you can always change it to the PO Box after you're approved and/or in receipt of your card.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.