Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T pre qualify

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My BB&T train is stuck....

@Anonymous wrote:
EQ has to be thawed for the pre-qual and app?

Yes. Creditors can’t pull your credit, SP or otherwise, if they don’t have existing business with you and your credit is frozen. 

Message 51 of 162
cship10
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone get declined for BBT after being prequalified??

They closed my card due to non use and was a tiny limit. I did the pre-qual and decided to try again and this time they approved for 4500 dollars. Small compared to my other limits however I still had 50k reporting in credit card debt with a UTI of 14%. I have since paid off 25k and waiting for it to be reflected on my reports. 

I think their pre-qual is pretty solid. 

BK discharged 10/7/2014
Current Scores MyFico TU: 753 EQ: 773 EX: 668
Cards: NFCU CashRewards 48000 | NFCU Flagship 32000| Huntington Voice 18,000 | Citi AA 33,000 |BB&T 4500 | Cap1 V 33500 | Sony 7000 | TVA Employee CU 10,000 | WF Propel 15000 | Sync BananaR Visa 10,000 | DCU Visa 15000 | Overstock 11800 | Sync Lowes 25000 | Sync AE 7000 | Sync Amazon 10,000 | Sync Belk 10000 | NFCU CLOC 15,000 | Citi Costco 9,700 | First Bank 8000 | Bestbuy Visa 10,000 | HomeDepot 5000 | BBVA CP 10000 | Macy's Store 11,300 |
Installments WF Mortgage $257k | Y-12 FCU HELOC 16,000 | Mercedes-Benz Lease | Mercedes-Benz Lease | DCU Auto Loan

AAoA 3 yrs 7 M
TONS of Inquires :-p
Message 52 of 162
gorgon
Established Contributor

I was pre-qualified for all three as well and went for the Cash Rewards. Was not declined, just got a message that they weren't able to continue my application at this time and to apply at a branch. No idea what that means.

Message 53 of 162
Larsim
Valued Member

UPDATE

I called the 800-226-5228, pressed option 4 and waited about 10 minutes for a CSR. CSR then tells me I need to contact the "new accounts dept" at 800-575-4647 and transfers me to that dept.

After waiting another 10 minutes or so a new accounts dept CSR answers the phone and I proceed to explain that I am getting prequalifed but the system is not letting me proceed online. CSR puts me on hold, researches it for a few minutes only to come back on the line to say she has no idea on what is happening nor has a solution so I thanked her for her time and moved on with my day.

At this point it is just not worth the time to pursue this any further so I will be taking an Uber instead of this train.

Message 54 of 162
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Larsim wrote:

UPDATE

I called the 800-226-5228, pressed option 4 and waited about 10 minutes for a CSR. CSR then tells me I need to contact the "new accounts dept" at 800-575-4647 and transfers me to that dept.

After waiting another 10 minutes or so a new accounts dept CSR answers the phone and I proceed to explain that I am getting prequalifed but the system is not letting me proceed online. CSR puts me on hold, researches it for a few minutes only to come back on the line to say she has no idea on what is happening nor has a solution so I thanked her for her time and moved on with my day.

At this point it is just not worth the time to pursue this any further so I will be taking an Uber instead of this train.

Its the MyFico train running them down. Remember lurkers follow what we do also. Forum basically crashed Blisplay when it came out.

Message 55 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

you could be out of there footprint area maybe

Message 56 of 162
gorgon
Established Contributor

The nearest branch is 35 miles from me, but is in a neighboring state, so I guess that's possible. Do we know what their service area is?

Message 57 of 162
gorgon
Established Contributor

I'm definitely in their service area.

Message 58 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

i belive the same thing happened too me i would just wait a couple of days & retry online it may be them & their system not your fault 

Message 59 of 162
myscorerocks
Regular Contributor

I was approved for $6500. Anyone call and ask for a higher limit after getting the card? I was just approved for a USAA card with a $10000 limit. 

Message 60 of 162
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.