Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T pre qualify

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My BB&T train is stuck....

@myscorerocks wrote:

I was approved for $6500. Anyone call and ask for a higher limit after getting the card? I was just approved for a USAA card with a $10000 limit. 

Unfortunately, they do not reconsider SLs.  They usually recommend waiting beyond 6 months to a year.  Any CLI requests are HP though. 

Message 61 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My BB&T train is stuck....

If u want more credit with bbt .they will approve a 2nd card easy but probaly a hard pull
Message 62 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BB&T pre qualify

I think once you hit the accept button, you won’t receive any more prequalifications. Was prequalified for all 3, applied for cash rewards... approved 3 days later and checked prequalifications again.... said none... applied for the other two anyway and was approved for both

Good luck!!
Message 63 of 162
TheAuthorizedUser
New Contributor

Did any part of the process generate a hard pull?

Garden Life: 4.01.20
Leaving Garden: 1.15.22
Updated: 4.15.20

Message 64 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Meant to add that important point, but I guess was too shocked with the approvals.

Just reviewed my EQ. Yes 3 approvals generated 2 hard pulls. Based on the dates, looks like the first applied for from the prequalification was a soft pull. After that no prequals were showing and I apped for the other two based upon the initial prequal.... seems those generated hard pulls
Message 65 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone get declined for BBT after being prequalified??

@gorgon wrote:

I was pre-qualified for all three as well and went for the Cash Rewards. Was not declined, just got a message that they weren't able to continue my application at this time and to apply at a branch. No idea what that means.

i got exactly the same message and went into branch but they wanted to start a whole new application with a hard pull. i declined.

Message 66 of 162
myscorerocks
Regular Contributor

Were your starting limits similar? 

Message 67 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes all 3 limits are $3500
Message 68 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news im hoping for another 8k also.
Message 69 of 162
combatmedic2107
New Contributor

BB&T Pre Qualify Site

Is this the site where you get a Soft Pull for applying if you are approved?

https://www.bbt.com/offers/checkOffers

Thanks,

Combat Medic2107

Message 70 of 162
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.