cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T pre qualify

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many BB&T approvals of same card?

i seen a couple of members with 4 bbt cards so they must do ,for me every pre approval with them was good

Message 101 of 162
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

i seen a couple of members with 4 bbt cards so they must do ,for me every pre approval with them was good

Yes, but the difference (at least in my case), I have 4 separate ones: BB&T Rewards (no longer offered), Cash Rewards, Travel Rewards and just recently Bright.  So, not the same product or duplicates.

@myscorerocks- you're welcome to try I suppose, but I don't believe there's any DPs on folks getting approved for the same card or product if an existing one is still active.  The community loves DPs ...and GPs as well Smiley Tongue   Worse case scenario, if denied, at least it's a SP.

Message 102 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was another member named scott something that had 4 cards also but may have the same cards as finstar. They send me emails about the bright card and I Already have it .but it's just marketing and not a pre approval
Message 103 of 162
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
There was another member named scott something that had 4 cards also but may have the same cards as finstar. They send me emails about the bright card and I Already have it .but it's just marketing and not a pre approval

That member was only able to get approved for 3, actually.  According to his signature (if we are referring to the same member): BBT Spectrum 4.5K, BBT Bright 3.5K, BBT Bright 4.5K.  So, it appears based on that limited information (although not fully vetted) it's fairly possible 2 of the same card may be doable.

ETA - the other member (IIRC) that was approved for 4 BB&T CC's was the one from this approval thread, but they were 4 different ones:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/UPDATE-Pushing-the-BB-amp-T-Limits-APPROVED-for-4th-card/m-p/5599348

Message 104 of 162
myscorerocks
Regular Contributor

Yeah, through my research that's what I'm seeing too. 4 separate cards, but no duplicates. I hate to be the guinea pig, but I'm tempted! I could take the 3rd travel card, but ideally I want another 0% card! I have the Bright and Cash rewards card now. 

Message 105 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

never hurts to try , 

Message 106 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

BB&T soft pull??

Anyone have any feedback as to if the soft pull approvals using the link is still a thing? I was preapproved for all 3.

Thinking about giving my 5/24 away...I dont think chase is gonna ever show me preapprovals love anytime soon.

Any direction would be appreciated!
Message 107 of 162
TheAuthorizedUser
New Contributor

Re: BB&T soft pull??

It worked for me but I had to create a profile in branch first because it kept giving me an error (Verify Identity)

Garden Life: 4.01.20
Leaving Garden: 1.15.22
Updated: 4.15.20

Message 108 of 162
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

I took two last week without a hard pull. Thinking about going back for the third.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 109 of 162
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just using the prequal link...when approved just submitting or selecting the card you want?

I'm thinking about it...hard!
Message 110 of 162
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.