Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass Clear Points Application

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: BBVA Compass Clear Points Application

I can confirm they look at lots of things; I applied from the next state over and still was able to get auto-approved, but they verified literally everything.

I had to enter my DL#/state, they sent a text to my phone (during the application process) and I think even a couple of security questions (it's been a year so I'm fuzzy on that).  It was definitely the most thorough application process I've ever been through for a credit card.

Also, if you have any of the secondary bureaus frozen/locked that might make a difference as well.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBVA Compass Clear Points Application

They are indeed a quirky bank!!! Got my card yesterday, activated it. Set up my online account info. All is well right? Got a letter today saying they can't approve a card for me because they can't confirm my identity. I guess that's from my initial attempt that didn't go thru. Not even gonna call them. Will try a small charge on the card tomorrow to see if it works. BBVA why you no act like real bank!?

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.